Sign in to follow this  
Cytaris

Black Screen Glitch when trying to confront the Party on the Unknown World

I have gotten bastila back, and I am dark side. when i go to the ebon hawk the party never showed up. They should appear outside the ebon hawk but they don't so the dialogue won't trigger. Mods affecting this scene are save mission and my reskins. When I try to trigger the dialogue it goes to a back screen.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Quoting @DarthParametric's reply to your status-update that happened to be on-topic with this thread:

Re-reading your description, it sounds like the scene isn't triggering at all. That could be due to the module OnEnter script or a separate trigger OnEnter script. Have a look in your Override for any NCS files that start with "k_punk_".

-- and it's likely be k_punk_41aa_en, but will wait for your confirmation on that as I think I know as well the mod that caused this.

11 hours ago, Cytaris said:

Any ideas how I can fix this?

For a start, remove the said NCS if you find one -- see how it goes.

• Like 1

Looks like the module OnEnter (k_punk_41aa_en) spawns the party and a separate trigger OnEnter (k_punk_fincs_en) starts the cutscene. If the party is not present but the cutscene triggers then the problem is that the G_FinalChoice global is correct (i.e. > 0) but the UNK_PARTYSHOWDOWN global is already at 1 (i.e. the party should already have been spawned). Seems like the only way that should be possible is if the scene has already been completed and everyone warped back aboard the Hawk for take-off.

Load up a save at the top of the beach before you hit the cutscene trigger in KSE and check Globals -> Numerics for G_FinalChoice and UNK_PARTYSHOWDOWN and report what the values are.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Looks like the module OnEnter (k_punk_41aa_en) spawns the party and a separate trigger OnEnter (k_punk_fincs_en) starts the cutscene. If the party is not present but the cutscene triggers then the problem is that the G_FinalChoice global is correct (i.e. > 0) but the UNK_PARTYSHOWDOWN global is already at 1 (i.e. the party should already have been spawned). Seems like the only way that should be possible is if the scene has already been completed and everyone warped back aboard the Hawk for take-off.

Load up a save at the top of the beach before you hit the cutscene trigger in KSE and check Globals -> Numerics for G_FinalChoice and UNK_PARTYSHOWDOWN and report what the values are.

Taking out  k_punk_41aa_en fixed it for now but I see what you are saying. With it out G_FinalChoice = 1 and UNK_PARTYSHOWDOWN = 1 thanks appreciate the help!

12 hours ago, ebmar said:

Quoting @DarthParametric's reply to your status-update that happened to be on-topic with this thread:

-- and it's likely be k_punk_41aa_en, but will wait for your confirmation on that as I think I know as well the mod that caused this.

For a start, remove the said NCS if you find one -- see how it goes.

Taking out k_punk_41aa_en indeed fixed the issue, awesome! Thanks! I appreciate it!

4 hours ago, Cytaris said:

Taking out k_punk_41aa_en indeed fixed the issue...

Well, removing broken script to fix things isn't similar with removing broken texture. It may cost you more trouble than what it is now -- perhaps not at the moment, but at later part of the game since they often flagging things that'll be required by future event.

If you don't mind can you attach the script here for any of us to inspect? So at least we know what it does that caused this trouble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

You might want to attach that here so we can see what was changed. What mod was it from?

Here it is, pretty sure it came from crashed republic ship on unknown world.  There is another file similar in that mod that is also in my override. I will attach it as well.

1 hour ago, ebmar said:

Well, removing broken script to fix things isn't similar with removing broken texture. It may cost you more trouble than what it is now -- perhaps not at the moment, but at later part of the game since they often flagging things that'll be required by future event.

If you don't mind can you attach the script here for any of us to inspect? So at least we know what it does that caused this trouble.

Yes, I would rather have it fixed than totally removed. Good to point out. I have uploaded it. There is another file similar in that mod that is also in my override. I will attach it as well. I believe it came from: 

k_punk_41aa_en.ncs old_k_punk_41aa_en.ncs

Looks to me that what @LDR intended to do was hijack the original OnEnter to run his required spawns, then load the vanilla OnEnter afterwards. Except he forgot to add that ExecuteScript part to the end. So the vanilla OnEnter never fires at all, which is why the party doesn't spawn. This should also cause the initial Rakatan encounter to break as well, since the OnEnter also spawns those.

27 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Looks to me that what @LDR intended to do was hijack the original OnEnter to run his required spawns, then load the vanilla OnEnter afterwards. Except he forgot to add that ExecuteScript part to the end. So the vanilla OnEnter never fires at all, which is why the party doesn't spawn. This should also cause the initial Rakatan encounter to break as well, since the OnEnter also spawns those.

Yep, DP hit the nail right on the head. A silly oversight on my part, but an easy fix. I just uploaded a patched version a few hours ago. Let me know if that helps.

On 8/19/2021 at 1:21 AM, LDR said:

Yep, DP hit the nail right on the head. A silly oversight on my part, but an easy fix. I just uploaded a patched version a few hours ago. Let me know if that helps.

I’m playing LS and I have the same problem. Unfortunately, the update didn’t help me. :(

Edited by Airazor65

4 hours ago, Airazor65 said:

I’m playing LS and I have the same problem ...the update didn’t help me.

I believe DP mentioned it somewhere--but might as well reiterate it--to check for unk41_carth.DLG in your Override, and if it's there -- remove it then see what happens.

I mean, I have checked the updated script which should fix the problem and it looks legit, as he apparently merged his function with the original and call it from different brackets [which don't think there should be any problem with that].

Just in case, the aforementioned file's not from LDR's mod. It's widely known to cause problems, though not yet sure that's on this one.

Edit: Oh, you should also load a save from before entering the module. Doesn't matter if you have entered it previously, it's just the game needs to load the script as you enter it -- not from a saved game inside. Probably the one which where you're still in the Temple Exterior will do.

Edited by ebmar
Try loading a save from before entering the module

The spawning of the party is the same for both LS and DS routes. The updated OnEnter should work correctly. Make sure you are loading a save before entering the beach for the final time. Even reverting to the vanilla OnEnter won't work just loading a save already on the beach, since there is a specific check for that.

6 hours ago, ebmar said:

I believe DP mentioned it somewhere--but might as well reiterate it--to check for unk41_carth.DLG in your Override, and if it's there -- remove it then see what happens.

I mean, I have checked the updated script which should fix the problem and it looks legit, as he apparently merged his function with the original and call it from different brackets [which don't think there should be any problem with that].

Just in case, the aforementioned file's not from LDR's mod. It's widely known to cause problems, though not yet sure that's on this one.

Edit: Oh, you should also load a save from before entering the module. Doesn't matter if you have entered it previously, it's just the game needs to load the script as you enter it -- not from a saved game inside. Probably the one which where you're still in the Temple Exterior will do.

6 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

The spawning of the party is the same for both LS and DS routes. The updated OnEnter should work correctly. Make sure you are loading a save before entering the beach for the final time. Even reverting to the vanilla OnEnter won't work just loading a save already on the beach, since there is a specific check for that.

All right, I’ll see if removing the dialogue file helps if done with loading a Temple Exterior save. Thanks for the tips!