Ausanan

Stolen Mods?

So I was searching for some texture / graphical mods. Where I stumbled upon a mod pack being hosted on a Russian website. This pack seems to include mods from various different mod authors. Does anyone know if these mods stolen or if the uploader received permission to reupload these mods in this mod pack? If they are stolen I certainly won't be downloading.

Yeah there are a number of Russian (and other non-English) sites that host stolen mods. I'm sure some of them would try to excuse it by saying they are doing translations or something, but they never ask for permission. Best not to link to them, lest they get traffic they don't deserve.

3 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Yeah there are a number of Russian (and other non-English) sites that host stolen mods. I'm sure some of them would try to excuse it by saying they are doing translations or something, but they never ask for permission. Best not to link to them, lest they get traffic they don't deserve.

Thanks for the clarification. I have edited the post to remove the link. I only posted it so it could be checked and verified.