Sign in to follow this  
Skurrio

[K1] Adding Force Powers to Equipment

Hi,

I want to improve the lackluster Sith Artifacts and thought it would be logical, that they grant you Force Powers that correlate with their Maker. So Ajunta Palls Blade could give the Force Power Plague since he was exiled for studying Alchemy which can be used to create Poisons.

My Problem is, that I don't know how to add them, since Kotor Tool doesn't allow do add Bonus Force Powers to Items. Does anybody already done this or have an Idea how it could be done?

Thank you all in Advance!

• Like 1

Hello!

I have not much experience with creating new items and all but what I can tell you is that KotOR Tool allows for adding so called "properties" to item. You may be interested in adding to the sword two "On Hit Properties" that would simulate Plague, namely "Slow" and "Item Poison" (if I interpret the latter correctly, that is). You could set the duration and the DC to save against them using one of the choices given in the menu.

I'm sure others could help you more but perhaps this will get you started.

Good luck.

• Like 1

The Problem with that Solution would be, that I can't set the DC, I can only choose it. The highest DC below 100 is 22 so I can choose between always applying Plague on all Enemies or never applying Plague on Enemies with a Fortitude over 22 which are exactly the Enemies you might want to weaken with Plague. To put the DC at 100 would be obviously unbalanced and is therefore not what I want. I tried to modify a Weapon with  Activate Item > Spell: Plague but that didn't work.

Plague's DC is 100, though.

And, poison immunity means there are enemies that are still immune to it even at DC 100.

25 minutes ago, AmanoJyaku said:

Plague's DC is 100, though.

I know but you need to cast it and therefore use a Round you could otherwise use to deal Damage. Let's say I would add that Effect to the Baragwin Assault Blade while dual wielding it and having 38 Strength, Master Speed and using Power Attack. I would deal 207 Damage in that Round and apply Plague. If I just have the Power I would need to decide if I wanted to deal 207 Damage OR apply that Debuff.