Ed_M_Blake

Having trouble with creating my own Kotor 2 mods

I'm very new to creating my own mods, please forgive me if this topic has been covered already or if I'm making a really stupid mistake preventing my own success. I'm trying to create a dope Jedi robe. I've watched kotor2 tool how-to's & I know how to edit .uti & .tga files, save them & move them to the override folder. But no matter what I do, whenever I give my character the robe a completely useless blank grenade appears in my inventory. Any item I edit ends up turning into this stupid grenade. I'm running a steam Kotor 2 with the TSLRCM & M4-78 mods downloaded from deadly steam. Any help would really be appreciated. I've included some pics to give an idea of what I've got going on.

20200330_105007_1585580079157.jpg

20200330_104933_1585580118313.jpg

20200330_105116_1585580162476.jpg

Capture+_2020-03-30-11-07-39_1585581004960.jpg

28 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Your UTI appears to lack a file extension. Add .uti to the end.

Thanks for the response 👍🏾. I've tried it both with & without the .uti extension... Same useless grenade😩

Just so I understand right, you tried adding it to your inventory after adding the UTI extension to the file, correct?

Can you successfully load the file back into KotORTool?

• Like 1

It's because you're trying to add the item using an existing game. Start a new game.

tl;dr KOTOR loads UT* files and saves them in the save files. Your save file doesn't have a_robe_45.uti, so it's acting weird.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DarthTyren said:

Just so I understand right, you tried adding it to your inventory after adding the UTI extension to the file, correct?

Can you successfully load the file back into KotORTool?

Yes, it loads up fine

1 hour ago, AmanoJyaku said:

It's because you're trying to add the item using an existing game. Start a new game.

tl;dr KOTOR loads UT* files and saves them in the save files. Your save file doesn't have a_robe_45.uti, so it's acting weird.

🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️ The robe is there now... I figured I was doing something stupid! Thank you so much for the assist!

Thank you everyone for your timely responses & patience, lol. I appreciate it

• Like 2