Sign in to follow this  
Empeor Devon

MOD:Five Twin Suns-esque Outfits For Female PCs

Five Twin Suns-esque Outfits For Female PCs

Five Twin Suns-esque Outfits For Female PCs

Author: Empeor Devon

E-mail: Lawlz, you think I want it to get flooded with spam? :P You can PM me at LucasForums
with any comments/questions you might have.

---------------
1. Description
---------------

This mod does several things.

1. Pretty much what the title says, five Twin Sun-esque outfits, now wearable by female PCs.
(Caucasian ones only, though - no Asian or African-American textures are included. Sowwy!)
The Twin Sun outfits replace the first five variations of the default clothing, though only
for the main character. Wouldn't do to see half the refugees on Nar Shaddaa dressed like 
that, would it?

The first clothing you'll be able to find throughout the game semi-often at the start,
although the other four can't be had without cheating. The codes are:

g_a_clothes02
g_a_clothes03
g_a_clothes04
g_a_clothes05

For all you anti-cheaters out there, the clothes provide no form of bonus or penalty to your
PC's stats. Literally all it does is give a different appearance. :P

2. To make it possible to tell the different variants apart at the equipping menu, the 
clothes have had 'variant 2','variant 3', 'variant 4', etcetera added to their names.

3. In addition, since I think DS female PCs are ugly enough even when they're fully clothed,
(and making DS textures for this would've taken more work! :P) the rotting corpse DS
transitions have been removed and replaced with RotS-style Sith eyes. The DS dancer's
outfit skin has been removed entirely and replaced with the LS/neutral one. Yay for scantily-clad dancers that aren't dying of cancer!

4. There is also a folder called 'alternate skin hue' that contains slightly more tan and less yellow versions of the skin on the clothes. If you're not using the head in most of the pics (the blue-eyed girl with blonde hair in a bun) you might think these textures better match the skin tone. Or maybe you won't. Either way it's there if you want it.

---------------
2. Instillation
---------------

Use the TSLPatcher, and viola. Be sure to install in SWKotOR2 rather than Override.

For manual install, extract all the files from ED_twin_sun_outfit to
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override. If you don't have an Override folder, make one.

If you want to use the textures from the alternate skin hue folder, simply copy them into your override. When you get a message asking if you want to replace the already existing files, say yes.

--------------------
3. Bugs and Glitches
--------------------

One problem I noticed during a test install of the mod was how at the startup screen the textures I modified were applied to the default female clothes model on the PCs. (Ie there was a weird mess of black and tan on them all.) When starting a game, however, I was able to equip the new clothes normally without any bug like I encountered at the startup screen. Since it has no adverse effect on the gameplay and only makes the character creation process somewhat weird to look at, I've seen no need to search for the cause and fix it.

-----------------
4. Files included
-----------------

appearance.2da
g_a_clothes02.uti
g_a_clothes03.uti
g_a_clothes04.uti
g_a_clothes05.uti
g_a_clothes06.uti
g_a_clothes07.uti
g_a_clothes08.uti
g_a_clothes09.uti
N_PCB01.tga
N_PCB02.tga
N_PCB03.tga
N_PCB04.tga
N_PCB05.tga
PFBLCD01.tga
PFHC01AD1.tga
PFHC01AD2.tga
PFHC02AD1.tga
PFHC02AD2.tga
PFHC05d1.tga
PFHC05d2.tga
PFHC06D1.tga
PFHC06D2.tga
PFHC07d1.tga
PFHC07d2.tga

----------
5. Credits
----------

stoffe for TSLPatcher
SithRevan for some tips on the former
Shem for nurse-maiding me through getting the former to work :P
Fred Tetra for Kotor Tool
And, naturally, Obsidian for making a kickass game

-------------
6. Disclaimer
-------------

Fan modifications such as this are made independently and without the support, approval, or acknowledgment of LucasArts, BioWare, and Obsidian. The risk that this file would harm your person, game, and computer was taken consentfully and with full knowledge of the previously mentioned risks by you. No claims have been made to deny the possibility of any damages by either the author, KotorFiles, LucasForums or the above mentioned companies, thus absolving them of any responsibility should said damages or any other grievances occur to you as a result of downloading this file.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/26/2020
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes