Pwener

Upload Etiquette

Hey everyone, it's the newbie here. I wanted to ask a simple question; is it frown upon to upload multiple mods by the same author in quick succession? I compiled my list of mods, fixes and improvements for upload but there's 8 zip files total. They would have to be uploaded separately as well.

I would feel pretty dumb if I uploaded so many files one after the other and then get heckled for it.

Any input?

4 hours ago, Pwener said:

Hey everyone, it's the newbie here. I wanted to ask a simple question; is it frown upon to upload multiple mods by the same author in quick succession? I compiled my list of mods, fixes and improvements for upload but there's 8 zip files total. They would have to be uploaded separately as well.

I would feel pretty dumb if I uploaded so many files one after the other and then get heckled for it.

Any input?

Either way, really.

If you decide to upload all of them, simply label each individual part. It really comes down to organization and how you effective you are at communicating what is inside each zipped folder.  Like, mentioned before, its helpful to people if they have an understanding of specifics and general concept. 

I'd recommend uploading them in groups, i.e. fixes for dialogue (dlg files) or group a bunch of .uti files that fix/mod/upgrade items. You could always attach them to this post and see what feedback is given about organizing them. The only other thing that comes to mind about etiquette is crediting tool creators, users, tutorial writers, etc...

• Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

3 hours ago, jc2 said:

Either way, really.

If you decide to upload all of them, simply label each individual part. It really comes down to organization and how you effective you are at communicating what is inside each zipped folder.  Like, mentioned before, its helpful to people if they have an understanding of specifics and general concept. 

I'd recommend uploading them in groups, i.e. fixes for dialogue (dlg files) or group a bunch of .uti files that fix/mod/upgrade items. You could always attach them to this post and see what feedback is given about organizing them. The only other thing that comes to mind about etiquette is crediting tool creators, users, tutorial writers, etc...

Funny you would mention putting them into groups as that was the first thing I did. It's quite a few files - especially the folder with all the items with fixed descriptions.

I'll make the changelogs for each one and upload them but it would have to be separate as each of the 8 are very different in what they are and what they do.

And thanks for the part about giving credits.

Also, is it looked down upon to use images from Google as examples for uploaded mods? For comparisons and the like.

11 hours ago, Pwener said:

Funny you would mention putting them into groups as that was the first thing I did. It's quite a few files - especially the folder with all the items with fixed descriptions.

I'll make the changelogs for each one and upload them but it would have to be separate as each of the 8 are very different in what they are and what they do.

And thanks for the part about giving credits.

Also, is it looked down upon to use images from Google as examples for uploaded mods? For comparisons and the like.

Glad I could be of help. No idea, the only thing that matters is communicating what your mod does, so if you have to use images from google to show vanilla assets or something, then why not. Mabye another modder might have a better answer. I know for one of my mods, I pulled the concept art off of google images and used it, because I was too lazy to get screenshots, recently went back and updated that mod with screenshots.