Sign in to follow this  
redrob41

Download:Bendak Starkiller Emblem Armour

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=48

File Name: Bendak Starkiller Emblem Armour

File Submitter: redrob41

File Submitted: 11 Apr 2011

File Category: Skins

This mod will change the appearance of the armour for Bendak Starkiller. It will now be a unique yellow with custom emblems. The theme of the logos is that of an exploding star (hence the ring name "Starkiller"). His armour is in excellent condition (no battle damage), due to his earnings and the life of ease of a retired celebrity. The player will also have the option of obtaining the armour from Ajuur the Hutt, through dialog after the death match.

The golden armour is based on a collaboration of work between myself and LordRevan999 (at LucasForums). I drew all the logos, and sent them to LR999 to add to his golden armour, but since then, his mod has gone unfinished. I have tried to re-create the colour scheme he came up with, even though I've never actually had a copy of his texture file. As a result, everything in this package is my own work, but heavily inspired by our collaboration.

Since the overall look of the armour is so well done, I think that this should be shared with the Kotor modding community. I have held off releasing this mod for several years, in hopes that LordRevan999 would one day finish his mod. Since that doesn't look like it will happen, please enjoy this version, with thanks to LR999 for the inspiration.

As a bonus, I've included a skin and icon that are based on the image of Bendak shown in the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide.

Click here to download this file

I ran the TSL patcher and the armor shows up just fine on Bendak but when I get it and try to equip it the game crashes. When I look at it on the workbench its a metallic gold without any textures. i've rechecked the installation and everything is there. Not sure what could be causing this issue. I'm running my game on Win 7 if that makes any difference.

Be sure to install as an administrator, if that isn't the case. Also, some files might be stuck at read-only, so if you can change that' that's going to help too.

I'm also having the metallic gold armor at the workbench instead of the correct armor. I think that's just a problem with the workbench itself, and cannot be fixed.

I'm also having the metallic gold armor at the workbench instead of the correct armor. I think that's just a problem with the workbench itself, and cannot be fixed.

Since this is primarily a disguise item, Rob didn't bother to include a texture for a regular body armor that has the disguise placed over it. So it's pretty much intentional, and a limitation on how workbench shows things..