Hello!

I want to start doing some minor mods of KotOR 1 and I was wondering if there is any place to access the original script files for the game. It would help me a lot to be able to reference them to do the stuff I am trying to do.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, tomlikesguitar said:

Hello!

Hello! :cheers:

...KotOR 1 ...any place to access the original script files for the game.

There are numbers of source scripts that can be accessed by using this tool, and then navigate through this path:

Kotor I \ BIFs \ scripts.bif \ Script, Source

Hope you find what you were looking for!

@ebmar I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but I'm not sure how to actually navigate to the bif file within the tool. I had to directly point the tool to the folder (Auto-Detection isn't working for me). Is there supposed to be some sort of "tree view" on the main panel of the tool when it works correctly?

Right now both Kotor I and Kotor  II are greyed out in that panel.

@ebmar Nevermind that, looks like I had to add some registry entries since I have the game installed on Steam.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomlikesguitar said:

...Nevermind that, looks like I had to add some registry entries since I have the game installed on Steam.

Glad that you got it working now! Though unfortunately I can't be any help for your Steam installation issue just earlier.

...Is there supposed to be some sort of "tree view" on the main panel of the tool when it works correctly?

Yes, you could use the tree to navigate through the game files. There are many threads here that can give you insights on understanding the game's structure but still - feel free to ask with anything! :cheers:

Edit: or to be more specific; these are two tutorials that explicitly use K-Tool on their practice. So you should definitely check them out:

Edited by ebmar
Additional information regarding K-Tool practice