Sign in to follow this  
JasonRyder

Revan's Hoodless, Maskless Flowing Robes for K1 Translucent Texture Glitch

I am trying to put a new texture onto the Star Forge Robes but the metallic parts(chest and bracers) are always translucent no matter what I texture I use. I've tried using ZimmMaster's "Revan's Jedi Robes' texture for the Star Forge Robes and I also tried using jonathan7 and Sithspecter's 'Revan's Robes Revisioned' textures, but this came with the same problem. Also, I tried putting the CM_baremetal txi file that was inlcluded in DarthParametric's mod, but this did nothing. 

I have downloaded other mods(including the K1 Restoration Mod) but none of them modify Revan's robes in any way. So this shouldn't be happening. 

How can I make the chest and bracers non-transparent? 

You can try changing your character's appearance.2da row (or the added hoodless rows if you are playing a female) and changing the envmap column from DEFAULT to CM_Baremetal. If that doesn't work, you may have a GPU that doesn't support envmaps (Intel?), in which case the only solution is to delete the alpha channel from the textures, which will prevent the transparency.

54 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

You can try changing your character's appearance.2da row (or the added hoodless rows if you are playing a female) and changing the envmap column from DEFAULT to CM_Baremetal. If that doesn't work, you may have a GPU that doesn't support envmaps (Intel?), in which case the only solution is to delete the alpha channel from the textures, which will prevent the transparency.

Which row is that? I'm using the Mullet Man head. Also, I think I've tried this before and it didn't work. I do have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Do you have a discrete GPU (i.e. , an actual video card) or are you using integrated graphics? If the latter, that's probably your problem.

Mullet Man should be PMHC04, which is used by P_MAL_C_xxx_04, rows 175, 176, 177.

I use an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960. To make the game not crash all the time, I had to type "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" into the Swkotor configuration settings file. 

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

Try the 2DA edit then.

It worked! Thank you Darth Parametric! Will this do anything to any other textures or outfits? 

Hello, sorry this is so long after the post but if you are still around I am having the same issue as the person here was. I'm not particularly new to KOTOR mods but I'm struggling to figure out what you mean here as I'm kind of a noob at modding. I need to change my appearance.2da from default to baremetal like you said but I don't know how to edit it. Is this something you can only do with the KOTOR tool? I've not used it much.  I need to make my Darth Revans maskless robes not be transparent in the chest. Thanks!

After more research I think what I need to do is get the kotor tool, go to appearance.2da, change the envamp from default to baremetal, but that this may affect other things that are supposed to be transparent, which I don't want. Hopefully this is correct, I don't want to mess my game up. If you have time to respond am I on the right track?