Sign in to follow this  
Guest milestails

Naga Sadow - Freedon Nadd Entombment Inconsistency

Guest milestails

While playing through the abandoned Sith Academy, the PC takes a computer test where one of the questions reads, "Which of the following Sith Lords is not entombed upon Korriban?"

Answers are as follows:

1. Naga Sadow

2. Ajunta Pall

3. Marka Ragnos

4. Freedon Nadd

5. Tulak Hord

The answer is "Freedon Nadd" for he is entombed on Dxun; however, Wookiepedia states that Naga Sadow is actually entombed on Yavin IV http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naga_Sadow's_tomb Additionally, there is no sarcophagus in the Tomb of Naga Sadow in KOTOR and thus no physical remains of the ancient Sith Lord on Korriban. Wookiepedia says that the tomb on Korriban was built merely as a monument to Sadow http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naga_Sadow's_tomb_(Korriban) Herein lies the inconsistency.

This creates two correct answers to this computer test question as a result. It would seem that Obsidian overlooked this detail when rushing the game's production.

A good mod to remedy this inconsistency would have the test question read something like, "Which of the following Sith Lords does not have a tomb on Korriban?" Answering with "Freedon Nadd" would be the sole correct answer in this case.

Thoughts?

Guest Bob Ta'aar

good thinking! I agree that this is a (minor) inconsistency. maybe this could be fixed in RCM 1.8?

Good idea. I've got the module I need to edit, I just can't find the conversation for the computer. If I find it, I'll post.

Guest milestails

While it would be convenient to have the fix appear in 1.8, I don't think it would qualify as "restored" content. Instead it would probably fit under "modified" content if we are talking in kotorfiles lingo.

I'll admit I love the most miniscule of mods that fix the most miniscule of things in TSL. It just feels more complete even if it's .000001% of a change to the game.

Such a fix would earn a permanent spot in my Override.

Guest HK-47

While playing through the abandoned Sith Academy, the PC takes a computer test where one of the questions reads, "Which of the following Sith Lords is not entombed upon Korriban?"

Answers are as follows:

1. Naga Sadow

2. Ajunta Pall

3. Marka Ragnos

4. Freedon Nadd

5. Tulak Hord

The answer is "Freedon Nadd" for he is entombed on Dxun; however, Wookiepedia states that Naga Sadow is actually entombed on Yavin IV http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naga_Sadow's_tomb Additionally, there is no sarcophagus in the Tomb of Naga Sadow in KOTOR and thus no physical remains of the ancient Sith Lord on Korriban. Wookiepedia says that the tomb on Korriban was built merely as a monument to Sadow http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naga_Sadow's_tomb_(Korriban) Herein lies the inconsistency.

This creates two correct answers to this computer test question as a result. It would seem that Obsidian overlooked this detail when rushing the game's production.

A good mod to remedy this inconsistency would have the test question read something like, "Which of the following Sith Lords does not have a tomb on Korriban?" Answering with "Freedon Nadd" would be the sole correct answer in this case.

Thoughts?

Statement: Technically it's not wrong regarding Nadd. Nadd is not entombed on Korriban. There is no inconsistency there because you don't reply with where he's buried, just that he's not buried on Korriban. Regarding Sadow, however, it's not so much inconsistent as it is improper use of words.

Agreement: It is most likely that it was overlooked by Obsidian during rushed production as it is one of those small things.

Statement: I guess if it bothers enough people someone will do something about it. It didn't bother me before, though now it might. Right now I'm indifferent about it as it's not a huge bother yet.

Guest bendarby24

and eny way if you play kotor 1 it is said there as well it is in koraban so :P

Guest HK-47

and eny way if you play kotor 1 it is said there as well it is in koraban so :P

Statement: You can't really take that as an inconsistency as that was coming from ignorant Sith. They didn't know about Sadow being on Yavin that I'm aware of.

Naga Shadow also has a tomb in Jedi Knight on Korriban.

Both games are wrong?

Stupid canon :(. So much revisioning and retconning and making stuff up it's hard to keep "facts"...

Guest HK-47

Naga Shadow also has a tomb in Jedi Knight on Korriban.

Both games are wrong?

Stupid canon :(. So much revisioning and retconning and making stuff up it's hard to keep "facts"...

Surprised Query: Really?! I don't recall that being mentioned in JA. Ragnos' tomb was the only one mentioned that I recall as his scepter was part of the main story plot.

If it's only a matter of just changing one line in a computer terminal dialogue, I'll vote for it being changed in 1.8. (Not that my "vote" actually means anything, mind you.)

I like the way the question was rephrased here:

Fine by me.

You probably should send the suggestion to Stoney in a PM, so he can implent it in the .tlk (not sure if he will read this thread)...

It's StrRef 113730 if anyone wants to change it themselves now, by the way.

Guest milestails

Any chance for this fix to be included in 1.8?

So how would you like to fix it? Can we change the name to another Sith lord on Korriban or just remove Naga Shadow from the .dlg option?

"Which of the following Sith Lords is not entombed upon Korriban?"

>

"Which of the following Sith Lords does not have a tomb on Korriban?" Answering with "Freedon Nadd"

???

Although I would probably replace 'have a' by 'posses a'

Guest milestails

I agree with HH. Change the question to "Which of the following Sith Lords does not possess a tomb on Korriban?"

The only correct answer will be "Freedon Nadd."

Guest HK-47

>

???

Although I would probably replace 'have a' by 'posses'

Agreement: That's what should be changed. Though it's not really wrong, neither would changing it. It would still say the same thing, just worded differently. Sadow though is not on Korriban he can still have a tomb there. Just like some millionaires HAVE beach houses though they don't reside there.

Changed to "Which of the following Sith Lords does not posses a tomb on Korriban?" for 1.8.

I am reviving this thread to report that there is one PC line in KotOR which makes me perplexed (Str 14287):

"I've heard there's an artifact sword in the tomb of Freedon Nadd."

I think it should be correct to change "Freedon Nadd" with "Ajunta Pall". Since I am maintaining an updated dialog.tlk I'd like to make sure we all agree.

That's for KOTOR1?

And it really depends on which line it is. Naga Sadow's tomb also had an unique sword in it.

Don't know anything about an unique sword in Nadd's tomb (but there is the unique shortsaber, and with 1.8 the armband and that other one I don't recall atm :D).

EDIT: Just checked, and the StrRef you mention is blank in KOTOR2, so it must be KOTOR1.

Yes, Hassat Hunter.

I was talking about KotOR 1. Sorry for not having pointed it out. The four tombs in Korriban are named as follow: Tomb of Naga Sadow, Tomb of Tulak Hord, Tomb of Mark Ragnos and Tomb of Ajunta Pall. 

Only in that one line is the Tomb of Ajunta Pall called Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

There are hints about the developers having changed the name from Freedon Nadd to Ajunta Pall at a later stage. In fact Ajunta Pall's sword tag is "k37_itm_freedont" and Ajunta Pall himself's is "kor37_freedon". My guess is that they forgot to change that line.