Sign in to follow this  
Cinamyn

2019, is it still good for a new player to hop in?

So its been like... 7(?) years since the game released. Is it still alive? Is it worth starting or is everybody moving away from SWTOR???

Well . . . the first three chapters are free to play so if you try it out, you haven't lost any money.  If you are considering playing it, you may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points! http://www.swtor.com/r/Yt4Qdw

• Like 3

No everybody isn't moving away from SWTOR. It's not dead or dying. It's still quite alive. As SH said, The first chapters are free, so give it a go. I'd give my referral link, but you can only use one at a time.

By the way, I just remembered this perfect video that answers your question. "Is SWTOR worth trying in 2019?"

• Like 1

Congratulations, you've been successfully invited to play Star Wars: The Old Republic by Sith_Holocron!

7 days of subscription level access with unlimited ability to play all game missions including Warzones, Flashpoints, and Operations up to Level 50 as well as full access to convenience features.
Preferred Friends Bundle including a selection of valuable unlocks and customization options via in-game mail.
One-time complimentary Character Transfer.

It looks like it worked your link.  I haven't played the game in over half a year or maybe near a year.  I will have to continue and see what is going on.  I will probably re sub after the 7 days runs out as income tax will be arriving to do that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Michele said:

It looks like your link worked.  I haven't played the game in over half a year or maybe near a year.  I will have to continue and see what is going on.  I will probably re sub after the 7 days runs out as income tax will be arriving to do that. 

Glad it all worked out for you.  Perhaps you'll post what your characters look like and what server you're on in the Let's See Your Characters thread!