David von Diemar

Is it possible to Reset NPC's in KOTOR II?

Is there any way to reset Characters? I have a little trouble on Nar Shadaa where I should sell T3 to Kodin but since I threatened him, he won't talk to me any more and I can't progress in the Story of Voggas Warehouse. It's bugging me for a while and I can't find any Solution online or within the Game itself. So I decided to ask here.

I already searched for Kodin in the Character Editor of the KOTOR Tool but couldn't find any Settings for that particular kind of Action. If this isn't possible it would also be fine to restart Nar Shadaa entirely since I'm not that far in and might that be possible without a previous safe?

I hope my request is reasonable and the Problem somewhat fixable, Thanks a lot in advance!

2.jpg

Edited by David von Diemar

It's been a while since I've actually played through TSL, but I was under the impression that you didn't have to sell T3? Obviously if you're playing light-sided it wouldn't make much sense to sell your beloved droid. I think you just progress the game normally (attracting the attention of the Exchange) until the Red Eclipse/cutscene with Visquis appears.

That might be true, I play dark-sided and sure, the progress might not vary that much but we are talking about a whole area at the Docks I'm not able to visit just because I can't sell my Droid? 
I mean after I completed that Area I could easily kill Kodin to get T3 back, but I had no Idea and now I'm stuck which is totally my fault but I didn't know that at the time.

Not quite sure I get what you're trying to say. When you say '...a whole area of the docks you aren't able to visit...', I assume you're referring to the Droid Warehouse?

My point is that you *can* access that area without selling T3 to Kodin. You just need to play the game normally by resolving the Saquesh situation and either aiding/hurting the refugees in the Refugee Sector. Once you've done that, you'll get the Red Eclipse encounter, followed by the Visquis hologram. The rest of the story should proceed normally.

Where the player doesn't sell T3 to Kodin (like in your case), T3 will work himself voluntarily into the Droid Warehouse so that he can get the transponder codes; you just need to continue the story like normal.

Really? Oh, my bad I didn't know that to be honest. I guess since we all know how many bugs KOTOR has I just assumed it was an not well thought through Section in the Game.

But thank you for clarifying and proven it otherwise!

Yes, it does. But that will reset a lot more than just this one NPC.

The proper way to reset him would be by modifying the globals. Those could be either local or global number/boolean. In the latter case the git workaround wouldn't even work.

One would have to open the NPCs dialog file with KotOR Tool or something, see what the condition for the "selling T3" option to show up is and then modify the appropriate global/local variable. A global would be edited with the KotOR Save Editor. A local could be editable in the same way but I don't know.