ebmar

[Query] Remove .UTC from .MOD

Greetings, fellow Jedi! Hope y'all doing fine. :cheers:

I accidentally installed a .UTC to a .MOD and looking to have an assistance about:

• Is there any way to remove the said .UTC from the .MOD?

I can't replace the .MOD again with the backed-up ones because I blatantly permanent delete it soon after installing and then too late to noticed. :fpc:

Many thanks for considering this!

Do you want to delete it outright, or restore a vanilla version? Either way you'll want to use the ERF/RIM Editor. Open the MOD with it and you can delete the offending UTC and save the MOD. If you want to restore a vanilla version of the file, extract it from its parent RIM and drag and drop it into MOD while it is open in ERFEdit.

Note however that there is no harm in simply adding an unused UTC to a MOD. Nothing will happen if it is not specified in the GIT or spawned from a script, unless it is overriding an existing one used in that module.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Do you want to delete it outright, or restore a vanilla version?

I want to delete only the particular UTC because the MOD that is attached to has been patched with several mods. So, I think to restore the vanilla version wouldn't be the best option here.

8 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Either way you'll want to use the ERF/RIM Editor. Open the MOD with it and you can delete the offending UTC and save the MOD. If you want to restore a vanilla version of the file, extract it from its parent RIM and drag and drop it into MOD while it is open in ERFEdit.

Many thanks for the information! Very much appreciated. :cheers:

2 minutes ago, ebmar said:

I want to delete only the particular UTC because the MOD that is attached to has been patched with several mods. So, I think to restore the vanilla version wouldn' be the best option here.

If that UTC is in the vanilla module, you can't just delete it. If you want to revert changes, you may have to edit the vanilla copy manually and add it back.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Either way you'll want to use the ERF/RIM Editor. Open the MOD with it and you can delete the offending UTC and save the MOD.

Fantastic! The method works flawlessly. Thanks for directing me to the said tools; such an amazing instrument to have there.

Note however that there is no harm in simply adding an unused UTC to a MOD. Nothing will happen if it is not specified in the GIT or spawned from a script, unless it is overriding an existing one used in that module.

If that UTC is in the vanilla module, you can't just delete it. If you want to revert changes, you may have to edit the vanilla copy manually and add it back.

I'll keep them noted. Again, thank you for the feedback! :cheers: