Mellowtron11

Qui-Gon Jinn-Jedi Consular or Guardian?

Wookieepedia says that he was a Jedi Guardian according to the Legends article. After all, he was considered one of the Jedi Order's best duelists by many masters of the Jedi Order.  However, Jinn also had strong skills with mind tricks, telekinetics and diplomacy, as well as being able to come back as a Force Ghost. Those last few items seem to be strong trademarks of a Jedi Consular. 

I'd like to hear what you folks think and have to say. 

10 hours ago, Mellowtron11 said:

I'd like to hear what you folks think and have to say.

I had only known QGJ from Ep I, and looking from his approach to OWK in their first mission and on his duel with Darth Maul I believe he's a Guardian by heart, but his build-up/training is a Consular.

On 9/14/2018 at 1:37 AM, ebmar said:

I had only known QGJ from Ep I, and looking from his approach to OWK in their first mission and on his duel with Darth Maul I believe he's a Guardian by heart, but his build-up/training is a Consular.

And this is why it is hard to tell what he is. He's seems like he takes ideas from both schools of thought.

i do think Qui Gon would be a Jedi Consular and keep in mind that even Yoda another Jedi Consular is a proper Master of Ataru and use the force to aid in duels