I'm giving my TSL a much needed visual fresh-up. Peragus turned out fine, and  I'm doing exactly the same with Telos (more exactly, grass and dirt), but Telos' files don't change in the game. 

* I'm using Kotor Tool to extract game textures from the ERFs.

* I edit them in Photoshop CS2 (really just pasting over) and save them as .tga.

* I'm making sure to merge all layers.

* I'm saving in a custom folder in Override. Works fine for Peragus, but not for Telos. Not when I save them in different folders, the same folder, or put them directly in Override.

Any ideas? 

Can you elaborate?

How do I have the wrong textures?

I'm not using any other texture mods for these particular files. They are vanilla appearance.

TEL_dirt.tga and TEL_grass.tga, just to mention two. They should appear in the Restoration Zone, and possibly the gardens on Citadel Station. I also did a test with TEL_fl02.tga, a floor tile that appears in the TSF office, and painted it clear red, but nothing changed. All TEL_-files I paint appear vanilla in-game. 

I used PER_-files to change the Peragus textures, and that worked fine.

Also, I have the retail 4-disc version, not the Steam version.

Making assumptions based on filenames is often going to lead you down the wrong path. For example, the gardens in the Residential 082 East/West modules (203TEL/204TEL) use DAN_Grss for the ground texture. Extracting the level models is the only practical way to know for sure what textures are being used.

That said, TEL_fl02 does appear to be used in the TSF room in Entertainment Module 081 (202TEL), so if an edited copy in the Override is not showing up then something else is going on.

Hm, nope. I changed some DAN_-grass textures, but no change. Nor did any DXU_-files I tested change. Must be something with my folders, or the .tga-files themselves, that the game don't recognize them ...

13 minutes ago, SylvanLore said:

Hm, nope. I changed some DAN_-grass textures, but no change. Nor did any DXU_-files I tested change. Must be something with my folders, or the .tga-files themselves, that the game don't recognize them ...

You are using subfolders arent you? This is generally a bad idea; try if moving  your textures directly in Override folder solves the issue.

Sub-folders work for the PER_-textures, but none of the other textures work even directly in the Override folder.  So it's not that either.

(But I like to keep things tidy and organized. Is there a way I can make Override recognize sub-folders?)

14 hours ago, SylvanLore said:

But I like to keep things tidy and organized. Is there a way I can make Override recognize sub-folders?

K2 will recognize one layer of folders in Override. At least on the one true version installed with 4CDs; I can't attest to anything else. If you have multiple copies of a file in different folders, it loads only the one in the first folder, alphabetically. I don't remember whether files in root take priority over files in folders or not.

K1 as far as I know doesn't support them at all.