JCarter426

Project C8-42 Comics: 10th Anniversary

Happy Life Day, everyone. During recent discussions I became aware that some of you remember and even have a peculiar desire to see the comics I made many moons using screenshots from the KOTOR games. I then also realized that ten years have passed since then. I started working on them in 2006 and allowed the first batch to escape onto the internets in August 2007. It's now December 2017, so I compiled everything I released all those years ago, plus some extra, and I'm calling it the 10th anniversary edition. I also added some commentary ten years later about how I think they're terrible.

So, for those interested, here is the 244 page PDF.

Before anyone asks, there are no plans at this time to continue or reboot the series in any manner. I'm not unilaterally opposed to the idea, though, but I have too many projects right now. Still, I'd welcome any feedback and suggestions and whatever in the event that I ever change my mind.

• Like 3

Never could I have imagined, stumbling across somebody’s fan film through a Google search, that it would lead to any of this.

Man, I think I told you already but this really takes me back. Has it really been ten years?

Anyways - awesome look at some old, old projects.

The replacement copy now sits on my bookshelf, autographed by the voice of Bastila, Jennifer Hale. I met her at Comic Con last August. Nice lady.

She was awesome! I was there too, haha.

Thanks for putting this up for people to see, JC. We've all come a long way in ten years, totally cool to look back on it.

That Battle of Malachor V sure was something, JC.  :laughing:  

Thanks for sharing all these, for the shoutout and for your additional commentary, it's nice to see all these stories compiled together after all these years. I'm glad to have been part of it and I had no idea DarthRevan789 was Jenks all along, haha.

I feel kind of sorry that all of the team's ideas and stories never made it to completion, but like you said there's a lot of valuable lessons to learn from the experience. As mentioned previously, I haven't given up on my own comic adaptation, because I love these games, the story and I'd like to put some of the crazy ideas I have in this format.

Still really really want to see your Last of The Jedi, starting it off with the first Atris conversation on Telos was an interesting and bold choice.

• Like 1

Ten years... I'm glad to be able to share this old stuff with you all, both you old people and some new ones too apparently.

That Battle of Malachor V sure was something, JC.  :laughing:

Yes, my artistic skills certainly have improved over the last ten years. :D Good luck with your own comics too.

I'm late to the party but I'm happy I got to see this stuff :) Really like the idea of using game graphics to make a KotOR comic, possibilities are endless. Thanks for sharing and good job.

Thanks. :)

As much as I complained about everything in my inter-chapter commentary and elsewhere, I do still think it's a decent format and I'd like to see more done with it. I'm sure I could manage better things with what I've learned both in the game and with importing the game models in 3ds Max. Or maybe someone else could do that and then I could read it instead.

• Like 1