Sign in to follow this  
MrPhil

Getting your saber back from Atris

Guest staticjoe66

Hold up...so after you fight Atris--sparing or killing her--you don't have to do anything else...the saber you described to Atton that she produces during your first visit to Telos is automagically added to your inventory...no triggers, no dialogue...??

IIRC... yup.

IIRC... yup.

Oh. I thought there was an actual part in the cutscene where Atris would give you back your lightsaber.

Thanks for clarifying, HH. :cheers:

Guest staticjoe66

You recalled correctly HH and TYVM--I spared Atris (playing LS F) and my original silver saber was indeed in my inventory after that exchange, no dialogue tree and no trigger

IIRC... yup.

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

Well, I've never had a problem not getting your old saber back from her..either kill her and you get it, or "redeem" her and you get it. And either it happens before you talk to Handmaiden after fighting Atris, or not til you get back to citadel and start talking to Riiken about the fuel sabotaging. It should "ding" and the message box will say item recieved or whatever. If your are doing the HK Factory quest, you should have it then..

Guest staticjoe66
It should "ding" and the message box will say item recieved or whatever.

I don't see this box popup which is one of the reasons I was confused--people were saying you should get it back which you can't the first time you visit Telos but you do indeed get it back after sparing her (my last couple playthroughs have been LS F) and will see if the box pops up next playthrough as I'm going DS M...and will be trying out your saber mods ;)

Well, I've never had a problem not getting your old saber back from her..either kill her and you get it, or "redeem" her and you get it. And either it happens before you talk to Handmaiden after fighting Atris, or not til you get back to citadel and start talking to Riiken about the fuel sabotaging. It should "ding" and the message box will say item recieved or whatever. If your are doing the HK Factory quest, you should have it then..

Guest staticjoe66

Ah ha ok--TY HH. Again that's why I was confused, the game didn't tell me I had gotten the saber back and I didn't know until you said you'll just get it. Another thing which confused were the supposed triggers which I found odd since you face Atris alone...I'm too dumb to figure this stuff out by myself which is also why I'm not a modder...

Nah, the box won't show up since there is a level load soon after it, which does away with the box.

Guest staticjoe66

Playing a DS M Exile the box just popped up for me, right after cutting down Atris and talking to Kreia through the Sith Holocrons but just before the Handmaiden told me her name and pledged herself to me...to quote Megamind, evil is just cooler :thumbsup:

Nah, the box won't show up since there is a level load soon after it, which does away with the box.

I'm confused, what's the fixation everyone has with getting the original lightsaber back? Symbolism? Full circle? Just coolness? Cause they want a saber early?

I never minded if she just kept the thing, I'd be getting one on the next planet anyway.

Guest staticjoe66

Very good and fair question Pazaak--for me it's simply the fact at one time it was mine, I was forced to give it up and was finally able to reclaim it after 10 years.

While true you do indeed assemble another one as well as collect many more throughout the game, in the unrestored game it was impossible for you to get it back. Then mods were written so you could get it back and now it's part of TSLRCM--since discovering you do indeed get my original blade back, I pimp out that one for Malachor

I'm confused, what's the fixation everyone has with getting the original lightsaber back? Symbolism? Full circle? Just coolness? Cause they want a saber early?

I never minded if she just kept the thing, I'd be getting one on the next planet anyway.

Probably this, seeing the popularity of "No Lightsaber Quest" 0_0

Vanir (from Holowan labs) and I made a mod that starts the saber quest much earlier. By the time you have visited Atris, if you're vigilant enough in searching for parts, you should have all of them by then, and then you can pretty much make your lightsaber.

I remember wanting to get my lightsaber back from Atris long ago. I find having her attack me with it much more rewarding when I cut her down with my new one. Unless there was something inherently special about my old lightsaber (maybe an added bonus, or a special hilt) I probably wouldn't bother with it, because the upgrades/crystals are what make the lightsaber. The color too, I guess.

I am sure there are several more.

But just getting it handed to you on Peragus like several do (in your locker. If you skip Peragus. Etc. etc.) is too much overkill.

And I like how KOTOR2 does it, so I wouldn't even use my own mod XP. Just made it for Havoker :D.

Guest staticjoe66

HH I suffered through Citadel Station and got a generic green lightsaber from the duros but still got the parts to make a new one. Bao-Dur didn't ask me about making one though which was fine with me as I never did like the Exile's responses

Also, I'm not sure SuperSquall's Skip Peragus Mod actually gives you a lightsaber--I usually get one in the TSF station after being released from house arrest but I chalked that up to having Shem's Super Enhanced mods installed...hhmmmm...in any case I usually stick with a cool sword until Dantooine or after, only using a saber to get through stuck doors. What's interesting to note is there are certain points of the game at which if you don't have a lightsaber in your hand the game crashes--the cantina on Iziz and the shyrack cave on Korriban being two such points I experienced this weekend

I am sure there are several more.

But just getting it handed to you on Peragus like several do (in your locker. If you skip Peragus. Etc. etc.) is too much overkill.

And I like how KOTOR2 does it, so I wouldn't even use my own mod XP. Just made it for Havoker :D.

Edited by staticjoe66

Yeah, I know there are points where "No lightsaber quest" still gives parts. I'll update it sometime later but M4-78 and 1.8 work takes priority, so it's on a bit of a backburner.

Guest staticjoe66

I would concur especially in the case of M4-78--I've never played it so I am eagerly awaiting the TSLRCM compatible version as I refuse to play TSL without the TSLRCM being installed, the HK Factory never gets old

Yeah, I know there are points where "No lightsaber quest" still gives parts. I'll update it sometime later but M4-78 and 1.8 work takes priority, so it's on a bit of a backburner.

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

... Unless there was something inherently special about my old lightsaber (maybe an added bonus, or a special hilt) I probably wouldn't bother with it, because the upgrades/crystals are what make the lightsaber. The color too, I guess.

Exactly...

I got my lightsaber from Atris in the endgame act after I killed her and looted it from her dead cold hands

On an unrelated note, I usually play a 'grey' Jedi Exile (a la Bindo in K1) and Atris had it coming

Guest SiZo

Any reasons why your old lightsaber has the same name as the others you find during your journey? I think it could be named after the name of the exile. By it, I mean <insert a name here>'s lightsaber just as for example Freedon Nadd's lightsaber. It would distinguish it from the others and give it a feeling of special, since it is your own lightsaber, not anyone else's. Having the same name only implies that it is just a trash, common lightsaber, not as prominent as should be.

Maybe it should be "fixed" in 1.8 :P

Well to paraphrase Bao-Dur ingame: That lightsaber isn't yours anymore, that lightsaber belonged to the person you used to be.

Guest SiZo

I think if you have time you should make them, since I think many of the players think for the first time that you only get a simple lightsaber just as the other ones after helping or killing the jedi masters after you have dealt with Atris, and it would make it clear you got your old lightsaber back and would also make sense. I don't know how much time it takes to create such items, but it'd be worth the effort. But of course, it is the choice of yours; it was just a simple idea.

Well, making a mod around that idea shouldn't take too long. Making items isn't that hard, especially if you can just copy one and ONLY alter the name :P.