Sign in to follow this  
Markus Ramikin

Findability of TSLRCM

I've been insanely busy lately, but now that I have time again, I'm going to go back to trying to help out with things.

With that in mind, I took a glance at the main page

http://deadlystream.com/

...and tried to put myself in the mindset of a complete newcomer. A hypothetical someone who, in some discussion of how incomplete Kotor 2 was, was told "google Deadly Stream".

Now, the main attraction of this site, no matter how much we style it as "home of Star Wars gaming" in general, is, was, and always will be TSLRCM. I think it should be more prominently exposed. A mention on the main page is probably worth considering. Ideally, an actual link, because the mod dropped off the first page of TSL mods listing, and unless someone specifically knows what exactly they are looking for, a user unfamiliar with the site will be statistically less likely to find it.

Just a thought/suggestion, does this make sense to the rest of you guys?

I've pinned TSLRCM and the fix so they'll always be the first files shown.

I'll change the homepage soon too.

Well, I think I may have gotten lucky. I was led here by another Star Wars forum, and on top of that, directly to the page of TSLRCM download. I hopped on the bandwagon at 1.7 too, so I got a pretty complete version, which once again, I suppose I was lucky for.

Well, I think I may have gotten lucky. I was led here by another Star Wars forum, and on top of that, directly to the page of TSLRCM download. I hopped on the bandwagon at 1.7 too, so I got a pretty complete version, which once again, I suppose I was lucky for.

Which forum did you find us on?

Which forum did you find us on?

Sorry, can't seem to remember. I wasn't a member of said forum, just was led there. I think Kotaku or somebody did a story saying that the latest version of TSLRCM was out, and that people should try it. They, or whoever, (Can't remember), put a link leading to a topic on a forum, which in turn led me to the downloads page here.

If I happen to remember the name of the forum, I'll let ya know.

Thanks, it's not important, just nice to know how people found us.

Good job on the home page. Nobody can miss-it now!

Yeah, I just saw it too.

Great job guys, the second people get here now, even if it isn't directly linked to the DL page, they'll know this is the home of TSLRCM.

Guest MaximusLight

This is a good idea, I remember when I was poking around for the latest version of the mod after a year or two and when I saw the filefront site didn't have it (and I knew there should be something by now) I googled it. It took a bit of poking around to find.

To be completely honest I'm not sure how one would go about finding the mod unless you already had some idea of what to look for even with it being the front page.

(But it is oh so helpful so I'm not complaining!)