To this day I can't remember if I've ever found Jolees Robes in TSL. I can remember that I always used a very unmodified version of the game on PC in the beginning, but I played well over 15+ playthroughs on my Xbox original before playing the game on PC.

The only method I knew of to get his robes at the time on Xbox original was spamming a save right before speaking to Fassa the docking master for Vogga on Nar Shaddaa. Upon completion of his pylon quest you receive an item that was possible to be Jolees Robes. I could never actually get his robes though.

I did try spamming the infinite hssiss glitch as early as possible a few times but I still wasn't able to find Jolees Robes. I also never found Malaks robes in TSL, but I was only really concerned with not finding Jolees Robes to be fair. 

The one thing I didn't like about the random loot in TSL was having multiple Freedon Nadd Blasters in one playthrough, or other multiple unique items. 

The last few playthroughs I've used on the PC version has had a lot of mods, and I've not actually concentrated on acquiring Jolees Robes, as I've had like 100+ mods installed. 

Has anybody ever found Jolees Robes before? Or have I been unlucky?

Yes definitely, but for the last few years I never sought out any particular item as I've concentrated more on the unique items when I played. I only just remembered spending a lot of time playing and replaying a few missions to try and find Jolees Robes. But I can remember hearing you have to be level 50 to acquire it and it's only at a few locations. The unique robes were the rarest items in the vanilla game. 

I honestly don't know how the loot is distributed, as I've spent nowhere near as much time modifying Kotor 2 files as I have modifying Kotors files. 

And I'm not asking for spoilers as to where it is but is Jolees Robes at a specific location in TSLRCM? Or was it just added to the loot drops in some way?

Wait, what Jolee's robes and Malak's robes are legit? I was 100% clueless that was a thing...

Yeah in Kotor 2 there's a Jolees Robe and a Malaks Robe with interesting properties. 

Good luck in finding them though haha. 

I'm just going to leave this here;

Using the TSLRCM lootscript rather than vanilla as base of your modifications, or when compiling custom spawn or placable scripts will help you fix the following issues;

* Some rounding issues in vanilla TSL could make some items not appear.

* Due to a faulty name droid "headslot" items couldn't drop in vanilla.

* Due to erroneous checks (only meant for other armors) high-level robes could not drop in vanilla.

* Lightsabers and lightsaber crystal's color is now random (with some colors more likely than others) rather than level-based.

* Security Spike tunnelers can drop.

* All Mira's rockets can drop, instead of just number 1.

* Fixed issue where a "rare drop" at higher levels could exceed the maximum item number, and produce no item at all as a result.

Well, if I can take that as blanket permission to use TSLRCM's loot script as the basis for a mod, then this is something I'll look into. Not soon, because I'm not allowed to work on other things at the moment, but it is a matter I'd like to explore before I play the game again. I think it would only take me a day or two to inventory all the game's unique items and then edit the loot script to never drop any duplicates. Maybe make some other tweaks while I'm at it.

Well, if I can take that as blanket permission to use TSLRCM's loot script as the basis for a mod, then this is something I'll look into. Not soon, because I'm not allowed to work on other things at the moment, but it is a matter I'd like to explore before I play the game again. I think it would only take me a day or two to inventory all the game's unique items and then edit the loot script to never drop any duplicates. Maybe make some other tweaks while I'm at it.

I believe the TSLRCM source code was released as a modders resource anyway wasn't it?

And a mod to make it so you can't get like 10 Freedon Nadd pistols/Freyyr warblades in one playthrough is a good idea. 

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/325-tslrcm-loot-fix-base-scripts/

Can't you just rename the .UTI's to a non-unique item and then create new .UTI's for the respective unique items and place them in specific places in the game?

I believe the TSLRCM source code was released as a modders resource anyway wasn't it?

Ah, that's good, then. I must confess that I'm not entirely up to date on these matters. I may be "TSLRCM Crew" but I haven't even played through the whole thing, because the last time I played KOTOR II at all was before TSLRCM was a twinkle in Hassat Hunter et al's eyes. That's kind of the reason I want to go through it again soon.

Can't you just rename the .UTI's to a non-unique item and then create new .UTI's for the respective unique items and place them in specific places in the game?

Yes, but that would likely be more work, and present more mod compatibility challenges, and would ensure you get more rare items than the developers intended - indeed, all of them. I may look into altering how rare items are granted, but I'd prefer to maintain at least some of the randomness.