Sign in to follow this  
garykhoi96

Crash after intro cutscene.

HI, everybody, I'm new here and I want to ask you guys something.

I recently bought KOTOR I on Steam and the game worked fairly perfecty fine. Managed to finish it.

Th ỏe I downloaded the GOG version of KOTOR II with 1b update (I think, I saw an txt with Update 1b in the installation files). And I , start KOTOR II, everything was perfect. Until the intro cutscene end, faded black and the game crash. I tried to run in Windows 7, 8 or more older. It didn't work.

I tried the TSLRCM, and got it installed correctly, I started again, this time I can not get past the opening scrawl.

Please  help, I really like this game and I want to play it, although I know it is very old.

My specs are, Laptop:

Core i3-6100U 2.30 Ghz

Win 10 Home 64-bit

Ram 4GB

Intel HD graphics

Thanks for your help

You already asked that question before - right here.  My reply gave you instructions to follow.  I recommend doing so.  I'll quote it below. 

garykhoi96:
Read this post so you can properly format the questions and answers you need to post. In addition to those question, I have 2 more: What is your screen resolution set on your computer and what is it set as in the actual game?

PS: Don't spam threads.  It's a pet peeve of mine.

garykhoi96:
Read this post so you can properly format the questions and answers you need to post. In addition to those question, I have 2 more: What is your screen resolution set on your computer and what is it set as in the actual game?

My screen resolution is 1366x768
In game the maximum resolution is 1024x768

1) The error begin to occur after the intro movie end. The movie after the opening crawl.
2) I found the TSLRCM mod on moddb.com, as far as I can see, it is 1.8.5
3) I downloaded the GOG version, with update 1b included.
5) I did installed the clean version. I re-installed the main game before install TSLRCM.
6) Only the TSLRCM on moddb.com
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/downloads/tslrcm-183
7) Well, I don't know if newer version of windows played any part. It happen right after the intro movie (cutscene) faded (ended). The screen flicked several mili-second then it crash, showing the mirror, the game has stopped working.
8) Yes, I have tried re-downloaded and re-installed the mod.
9) I haven't even started the game, haven't got any save game yet. I don't think there are any save game that save at the start of the game.
10) I haven't completed anything in the game yet.
11) I'm using Win 10 Home 64 bit, Lenovo laptop.
12) Yes, I can confirm that the TSLRCM was visible in the main menu of the game.
13) I installed the game in English
14) Same thing as the mod: English.
I don't know if this any help, but I have tried the Compatibility tab of the .exe of the game. And tried Windows 7 (because 2 or 3 years earlier, I downloaded the game and it played perfectly), Win 8 or even XP and Vista. Still no use.
I have tried disabled Vsynic, the FBR was not available, I also in-tick the Grass and shadow option. Even playing it in windowed mode....still no use.
Thanks for your time.

I'm guessing your on board Intel graphics are the problem.

Is there anyway to bypass it?

I recommend get the game (K2: TSL) on Steam! There is workshop ! :D

I would buy it if I have money...a little bit stuck right now.

You already asked that question before - right here. My reply gave you instructions to follow. I recommend doing so. I'll quote it below.

PS: Don't spam threads. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Sorry for the spam. I have already answered like the given format.

Sorry for the spam. I have already answered like the given format.

Then stop posting the information in two different threads. ;)

Try right-clicking your swkotor2.exe and go to Properties. Then select the Compability tab and check "Deactivate Visual Designs", "Deactivate desktop..." and "Deactivate scaling..." (I made up the English translations as my Windows is a German version). One of those or a combination fixed my cutscene crashes in KotOR 1. Those are for Windows 7 though and I don't know if Windows 10 still has them or maybe has any other options. Also setting the game to use compability mode for Windows XP will probably not hurt either.