VarsityPuppet

Will The Old Republic Era be Re-Canonized?

I would have preferred it had they just left the canon before the Imperial Era alone. Few tweaks here and there, sure. But assigning the whole span of 20+ years worth of work, admittedly not all great but certainly still worthwhile, to little more than a second-rate title?

Unlike a lot of people I know including many friends who are really into SW, I've come to accept what SWTOR and the Revan novel did to Revan and the Exile. It was bloody horrible, but I moved past it. So the argument that the new canon was able to sweep away all of the bad parts of the EU never really held much appeal to me.

To be honest though, I'd be surprised if the Old Republic Era was not made canon. Outside of the main saga, it has the largest fanbase if I'm not mistaken. But my enthusiasm for this is tempered by the fact that I'm certain they'll edit and reform it (significantly) to suit their new and 'improved' canon, paving the way for possibly even more butchering.