Sign in to follow this  
Gguy

Quarren tunic for kotor 2/1?

Is anyone up for the task of making the quarren clothing in kotor 2 (and/or 1) into playable clothing, it never hurts to have a big selection of outfits, so this could be cool.

here is a reference pic of a kotor 1/2 quarren (they share models and textures):

Visquis.jpg

There is a Quarren in K1. He is in one of the apartment buildings on Taris.

• Like 1

Ah, I see why I never saw it. It is l_alien02, one of the low poly background characters. It is not the same model or texture as used in TSL. The TSL version was made by Obsidian. Clearly they used the lite model as inspiration, but it is a completely different mesh with a completely different texture.

K1_vs_TSL_Quarren_TH.jpg

Explains where that Gran I thought I saw in K1 came from.

Anyway onto the request at hand, having a quick look at the TSL model, it should be fairly straightforward. The neck seam would need some adjustment to match player heads, and you'd probably need to lop off the hands and swap in some from another player model, then rejig the UVs and texture. Here's a quick mockup (without the hand swap):

TSL_Quarren_Robe_Mockup_TH.jpg

It would only be for TSL, given what I stated above. Seems like it would only suit males as well, without some heavy mesh alteration. It would need to be swapped with an existing body model, maybe clothes or the Revan robe slot (model J).

There's no Quarren in K1. It was added for TSL.

There is a quarren in K1 and as Revan21 said it is only seen once in your apartment on Taris but the one in K1 is a lite model and it uses the Bith sound set for it's voice because there is no Quarren sound sets for K1 and the model is just horrible compared to the detailed one used in TSL.

honestly,i think it would work well with both genders (Though best for males). Atris is a woman and has a very bulky robe, this could be a perfect example. (i also think you did a good job so far, you would just need the handswap and animations ready. I know there were standalone cloth mods i the past (non replacer), so i bet it would be possible to make a standalone (though even a revan robe replacer wouldn't hurt)

I know you only swapped the head so far, but i already think that it looks very damn cool!

Here you go:

TSL_Quarren_Robe_01_TH.jpg

http://dpmods.wheb.org/files/kotor/tsl/[TSL]_Quarren_Robes.7z

The deformation is terrible. Clearly it was never intended for anything other than standing still/conversations. I have no interest in pursuing it further though. If someone else wants to try and fix it, be my guest.

• Thanks 1

i personally don't think it's much of a big deal (Don't see any serious deformations), looks pretty well ingame ,hell, i think it looks amazing!

For the first 3 , i used the weequay head and it ended up looking very damn cool!

214391f.jpg

21l239y.jpg

33as9lc.jpg

on the next pictures, i had used another head (the beard was fitting with the color of the cape) and a retexture hood version from the old hood mod (which is good on some outfits, but looks strange when you move your head on some others) . Honestly looked epic from the distance!

2643ktg.jpg

2s6vp1t.jpg

this better get a damn deadly stream mod page =P. It is a project (just like the weequay) worthy of exposure!

• Like 1