Hobbes

Kotor Tool merchant editor custom items?

Hello,

In Kotor Tool in the merchant editor I noticed there's a spot where you can insert custom items for the merchants to sell.

I've tried putting the item files into various folders, but Kotor Tool just doesn't seem to read them. I could be putting them in the wrong folder, though. Does anyone know, what is the correct folder for Kotor Tool to read custom items? I'm running Windows 8.1, 64 bit if this helps. I run the program as administrator and the files are not read only, etc. I would love to be able to put a lot of items into the merchant's inventory at once, instead of doing it manually through the GFF editors.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with my OS as Kotor Tool wasn't designed for Windows 8.1, lol. If anyone can offer a solution or insight, that would be awesome! Looking forward to reading replies! Thanks!

Hello,

In Kotor Tool in the merchant editor I noticed there's a spot where you can insert custom items for the merchants to sell.

I've tried putting the item files into various folders, but Kotor Tool just doesn't seem to read them. I could be putting them in the wrong folder, though. Does anyone know, what is the correct folder for Kotor Tool to read custom items? I'm running Windows 8.1, 64 bit if this helps. I run the program as administrator and the files are not read only, etc. I would love to be able to put a lot of items into the merchant's inventory at once, instead of doing it manually through the GFF editors.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with my OS as Kotor Tool wasn't designed for Windows 8.1, lol. If anyone can offer a solution or insight, that would be awesome! Looking forward to reading replies! Thanks!

Type in the custom resref for your items. When you place the merchant file along with all necessary files for your items into override, it'll show up.

It works for placeables and utcs, I think it's the same for merchants.

I think that custom items tab doesn't work. If you want a merchant to sell custom items here's how I do it.

*First place any item from game items (For this I'll use a Combat Suit) into object inventory (If your merchant already has items you can skip this)

*Now in object inventory you will  see its ResRef (cheat code) "g_a_class4001" next to the name Combat Suit, you will need to erase the ResRef and replace it with your custom item ResRef for example "mod_armor01"

*Then place the custom item uti and the merchant utm files into the override folder then test in game if it worked

There could be other ways to do that but this to me is the easiest way.

I don't think it's possible. Obsidian tried it with the Speeder parts on Nar Shaddaa, and it just crashes the game. I've not been able to find any way to properly add them to their inventory, so decided that deleting them was the best conclusion. If you do find a way to make it work though, I would be interested to know how.