Sign in to follow this  
Ethran

Issue with TSL patcher

Recently, I came back to Kotor after about a 10 year absence and wanted to try out some mods, since I'm well familiar with the original (the best rpgs tend to stay with you, I've found).

The first mod that I tried installing was Kotor Restoration with the TSL patcher.  According to all the tutorials out there, it's a matter of simply extracting and running the executable. Now whereas they just hit Install and then Yes, upon selecting Yes I get a "Warning: An unhandled error occurred!" message. After spending a day or two snooping around the net I have yet to find a solution to this issue that doesn't lead to a non-existent site (Lucas Forums), or a dead link.  So, anyone have any ideas how to get this working and if there isn't a way, can I do this manually? I've been modding games for 7 years-ish, so I'm not gonna be shy about moving files around if I got no other choice. This is a Steam copy of Kotor running on a Win10 (64bit) OS. Thanks in advance.

When you say "Kotor Restoration", do you mean:

K1 Restoration for KOTOR1

or

TSLRCM for KOTOR2?

If the former, go to this link and follow the instructions: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/4457-k1r-12-impressions-and-bug-reports-read-me-first/

If the latter, go to this link and follow the instructions: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1563-read-me-first-welcome-to-the-tslrcm-section/