Sign in to follow this  
Tuch

[KOTOR] Help with MOD!

First and foremost we need to know if you're using any other mods aside from this one as mod conflicts can be the cause of a lot of problems.

Second, this problem could be tied to installing the mod after a certain point, as most settings are tied to their save game files.

Lasty, did you do any of the things Chainz mentioned in his own post that could have caused your problems?

posted @ 16:00, 27 Nov 2015

photo-thumb-85742.png
premium

ChAiNz.2da9 kudos53 posts
Heya Lawrence0294,

Did you drop the 'files' themselves in the game's override folder... or did you drop the folder named 'override' in to your game's override? (that won't work with K1)

Also, K1 and K2 games can be a bit quirky. If you've already triggered an area load, or particular scene, the mods' tend not to work since the data is saved in the save game file itself rather than searching for the override.

In order for this mod to work, it has to be BEFORE you rescue Bastila (during the swoop races on Taris).

Hope that helps. smile.gif

posted @ 10:35, 4 Dec 2015

He mentioned "Star Forge" which wouldn't be in KOTOR2 - and therefore, he wouldn't be using TSLRCM.

Right... My mistake.

Allow me to remedy my post a bit.

As an aside, it may be prudent to consider making a  general "any mods" rule to streamline this process :P

First and foremost we need to know if you're using any other mods aside from this one as mod conflicts can be the cause of a lot of problems.

Second, this problem could be tied to installing the mod after a certain point, as most settings are tied to their save game files.

Lasty, did you do any of the things Chainz mentioned in his own post that could have caused your problems?

photo-thumb-85742.png

premium

ChAiNz.2da9 kudos53 posts

Heya Lawrence0294,

Did you drop the 'files' themselves in the game's override folder... or did you drop the folder named 'override' in to your game's override? (that won't work with K1)

Also, K1 and K2 games can be a bit quirky. If you've already triggered an area load, or particular scene, the mods' tend not to work since the data is saved in the save game file itself rather than searching for the override.

In order for this mod to work, it has to be BEFORE you rescue Bastila (during the swoop races on Taris).

Hope that helps. smile.gif

posted @ 10:35, 4 Dec 2015

I'm not doing any of those things he said.

I'm using this other mod http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1011/?

I ony have the file for darkBastila though. What I find weird is that this only happens inside the Star Forge.

Maybe she just equipped the wrong robe for some reason. Have you checked if she's still wearing the robe from the mod or if it's just a standard black robe?

Um. I don't really understood your question. I can't access her inventory inside the Star Forge if she's not a party member. I don't have her as a party member inside the Star Forge, I fight against her.

Just to be on the safe side...

is Bastila in your party or are you fighting against her?

See above, please.

Well, it looks pretty clear to me what's going on. Bastila on Star Forge (if she's not your party member) is defined by another file (or files, actually, there's more than one Bastila-file for Star Forge) than Bastila you meet before, and those files are not included in the mod. Thus, they have the game's default gear for Bastila in those encounters.

Well, it looks pretty clear to me what's going on. Bastila on Star Forge (if she's not your party member) is defined by another file (or files, actually, there's more than one Bastila-file for Star Forge) than Bastila you meet before, and those files are not included in the mod. Thus, they have the game's default gear for Bastila in those encounters.

Right. Do you know which files are that?

in this video she has the outfit.