Jorak Uln

WANTED: SWTOR sabers from 2013- now

Actually, I found a way to make a weapon use new custom sounds.

In baseitems.2da you set 'on', 'off' and 'hum' sounds. You will also need 'weaponmattype' field - it points to a row in weaponsounds.2da, where all other sounds (like swing, clash, etc) are stored.

You may check my sound mod for details. With this mod all 3 saber types (single, shot, dual) use custom sets of sounds.

Yeah, but that would require a new baseitem.2da line for each unique lightsaber and according to VP, those would not be able to deflect blaster bolts, so using baseitems.2da for this job is not an option.

Yeah, but that would require a new baseitem.2da line for each unique lightsaber and according to VP, those would not be able to deflect blasterbolts, so using baseitems.2da for this job is not an option.

Good point, forgot about that.

I have to think about a proper solution regarding saber sounds.

In the meantime, I really tried my best to improve the previous shown lightsabers, utilising a black core/colored core that constantly changes its form and blurs from time to time.

(It's my attempt to get around the engine limitation with black particles)

I tried everything to make them look good - and for variety sake - I should include them in my pack, as I run out of ideas. Can you guys give me an honest opinion on them?

I have to think about a proper solution regarding saber sounds.

In the meantime, I really tried my best to improve the previous shown lightsabers, utilising a black core/colored core that constantly changes its form and blurs from time to time.

(It's my attempt to get around the engine limitation with black particles)

I tried everything to make them look good - and for variety sake - I should include them in my pack, as I run out of ideas. Can you guys give me an honest opinion on them?

Might be the best it's going to get without changing lightsaber model animations. There is a mod already that makes black core blades on lightsabers, but it's not a completely ideal solution, of course.

The most ideal solution would be to have some sort of subtractive blending on the black core, while keeping the blade color as additive. Of course, TSL only supports additive blending, so that's a problem.

@Kex: Believe me, I tried that already.
It doesnt work. In fact, any conventional texturing leads to splitting the black core into a myriad of planes when moving.

@VP: I think I'll include the black ones for variations sake, the animation "holds" the core planes together and in game. it looks not very great but solid enough.

Another thing:
Do you know if its possible to change the speed with which the LS are lit? (To get individual effects like the Unstable Arbiter blades from TOR, for example.)