Kreia4life

Missing Textures on lightsabers!

Hey all, need some help finding out why this is happening, I've done quite a bit of research and found a temporary solution which had me edit a line in my kotor2.ini file (Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1) and although this did fix the textures, it keeps causing my game to crash in random areas (Gotos Yacht, Korriban, inside Khoonda are some examples).

So I wanted to know if there is someway I can fix the textures without needing to edit that line in the ini?

Only mod I have installed is the latest TSLRCM and it's installed via steam. I've updated my graphics driver just incase anyone asks :D

Thanks

Edit- Just thought I'd better put that the textures are missing on the hilts, not the blades.

So I wanted to know if there is someway I can fix the textures

This is a bug that Aspyr introduced into the Steam version of TSL. They have been made aware of it. It would appear that they can't or won't fix it. The only solution is either to use the disable vertex buffer option, or use the GOG/CD version of the game instead of the Steam version.

Moving this to the TSLRCM section.

It doesn't really belong here. It's a specific game issue that only affects the Steam version, its not a TSLRCM issue (it occurs without TSLRCM installed).

Well, I heard that this bug is working on steam version... So... Maybe we should grab a pirate version or a CD/GOG version of swkotor2.ini and place it in steam to see if it works? 

I have to do that Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 trick too, but I don't get the crashes that everyone else reports. But then, I only use the Steam Version of the game and install the TSLRCM version from here and install it directly into the Steam KotOR 2. Don't know if that helps.