xander2077

Various WIP

On a whim today, I decided to start working on a reskin of Juhani based on a mod I found on JKhub, where a member there (Cerez) decided to make a head mod for Juhani that has hair. this is the only head mod that would possibly work with my masks, so I wanted to try it out, but like most mods, this one was born out of necessity or a good idea, or expansion on a good idea. I’m not sure if they are a member here too but they were showing off the Iriaz mod, and a few others, so maybe.

Sooo, I started to reskin the Juhani with hair mod, and came up with this: an even more canon style Cathar. Wish I was better at fur, because I would love to see some versions of this with a few subtle stripes.

Got the head done, and I kind of like the white hair and silvery eyes, but I still need to tackle the underwear and any clothing. I may use a clothing mod that really upped the style of her default robes.

I probably won’t post as much here as I did for my masks mod. The reason being I wanted to get it done, so it is a good way to get help, and it was a good way to keep everyone informed after dragging it out so long.

post-19611-0-03317300-1464553787_thumb.png

• Like 1

That looks fantastic, Xander2077!

I especially like how you handled the nose, where it's not strictly catlike yet retains the very nonhuman look you see in the Cathar of the comics.

This was not all my doing. A user on JKhub did this for KotOR, but Cerez laid the groundwork. I am simply building on that, because I did not like the black hair and that version looked way too human for me. She had regular human skin on the poor girl and just a black nose... now this white hair one is cool, and I really like it with the black Juhani clothes, but I actually like my other version of this better really (below). My problem area is trying to make the hair on the body look ok without making it too hirsute. I’m also having problems trying to match up the colors on the neck to the torso since I can’t paint it all on the model just yet. (Missing files blender says and won’t say what)

But since nobody usually plays with their characters in underwear (unless they regularly get excited about the sears catalog underwear section) I guess I can either let someone else take a swing at the fur or just leave it alone. Organic stuff is not one of my strong points. Unless it has some reptile in it.

So here is Juhani all dolled up and ready for the game. I already play tested her and she looks fabulous this way. Either way, and I will have 3 versions, they all look nice, and I think she will finally give Bastila a run for her money at the bar. No more ugly Juhani.

post-19611-0-86300700-1464574741_thumb.png

Not quite. The modder Cerez from over on JKhub did the texture I used as a template for that.

Although the head could be a repurposed vanilla head, it could also be Shem's work on a vanilla head. It depends on if Shem actually altered the model or not. If he did then I have to give him credit for the model, if not then I can mention him due to the mod he did. I also got Cerez permission this morning after a lengthy discussion about Linux and modding. Pretty cool.

The vanilla style clothing texture is by RedRob, and the other Clothing textures I want to use but modified belong to Darth Jaden who I can’t find anything but email to contact with.

The underwear is a combination of vanilla and my own work, but I did get some ideas from the bra and panties on one of the Bastila mods. I wanted to try and use the Juhani's cat like head for the base of the underwear texture but it turned out crappy so I started over with the vanilla one out of the game itself. I got the gold ornament idea on the bra from that mod but instead of pearls (which were stretching badly which is another reason I ditched the texture) I just used the same basic idea but a gold ornament instead of pearls. It is taking too long to do all this hand painting. I do much better on the gadgets than on organic textures, even though I can draw portraits of this kind of thing, texturing is way different. It took me no time at all to make the head look like a house cat, but when it is on the model it does not look like she’s a house cat lol. But the body has taken me several days to work on, and I am about ready to throw the towel in. The feet stretch really badly so I had to use the UVs as a template to make the leather on the shoes so it doesn’t stretch, and even then I had to get creative to hide the issues there. I really don’t like the raised bra straps and wish I could edit those out but that means maybe a failed model export attempt I am not really ready for yet. Besides that not many people use the underwear, and I just wanted to get it done so it looks right instead of showing a really obvious seam between the head and body. But at this point I think it is good enough.

This will probably be just a texture replacer besides the head replacer. I’m trying to get a hold of all parties involved so anyone who likes what I did for my own game can get a copy. In my first post I mentioned I did this to solve the problems of Juhani's ears clipping my masks and it works great. I just did not like the dark hair and human skin textures that both Shem and Cerez used on their mods. Modding is usually born of necessity or boredom, and that is where I am coming from on this one.

EDIT: well i found out the head came from Kha, and Shem did the original juhani texture for it, which Cerez modified, so he is in the chain of credit. And there are a host of other modders in the chain, so i have my work cut out for me finding them all.

Model: Kha
Skin: Mjpb3
Juhani Mod and Cathar Reskin: Shem
Cathar Model Tweaks: ?
New Cathar Reskin and Icon: Cerez

post-19611-0-30992100-1464734834_thumb.png

post-19611-0-66326300-1464735116_thumb.png

post-19611-0-30549700-1464735819_thumb.png

Well so far Kha is unreachable by the email provided, and cjto202 has Kha's and mjpb3's mods hosted there in one spot, so that may be a dead end. They may not be active any more, but there are some people who still know them, so I may be able to reach them yet.

If anyone knows the whereabouts of the first two modders in the above list, then please contact me in my PM with the best method to reach them, unless it is Lucas forums because I have already sent everyone PMs through that forum.

If those should fail reaching the intended parties then I may just have to release the head and body textures and suggest the other parts and mods I used to compile this.

EDIT: I just learned some new information that is actually quite relieving, due to the creative commons license of this particular chain of content, I only have to credit the original modders to modify their content from the original mod. Now I still have to obtain proper permission from anyone whose content was not in this mod that I wish to use or would like to direct other users to as an enhancement to the mod, so I will be releasing this soon.

I have gotten the proper permissions to use the body, and even some help from some of the guys and gals who contributed to this in the past.

Both of the modified Selene textures are derivatives of the Mjpb3 texture for Kha's head that was used in both of the Juhani mods previously. And I just got permission to use that as well as the Cerez texture as a base for my derivative. Once I have permission for the head I will be well on my way to release.

All parties will get the proper credit in the lineage of this mod.

And here is a new pic because I now have the seam between the head and body almost invisible to the naked eye.

post-19611-0-53175200-1464839278_thumb.png

post-19611-0-75665200-1464839357_thumb.png

Update. I am just about done tweaking the different clothing textures for juhani, It seems that since i had to change the hands, that drove me to having to alter the textures so much, they had to be much different in order to justify including them into the mod. I will probably poste them as a modders resource in case others want to try mixing and matching their own skins as well.

Thanks to the vanilla texture and a couple other modders this was possible. Also thanks to redrob for his help and suggestions. Darth Jaden is still awol somewhere but hopefully this will be appreciated.

so here are a series of screens to show off the many different combinations i have so far for juhanis clothing.

post-19611-0-30221500-1465068239_thumb.png

post-19611-0-63935800-1465068243_thumb.png

post-19611-0-73579600-1465068247_thumb.png

post-19611-0-89601900-1465068251_thumb.png

post-19611-0-03908200-1465068256_thumb.png

post-19611-0-23528700-1465068260_thumb.png

post-19611-0-31867600-1465068264_thumb.png

post-19611-0-53163500-1465068268_thumb.png

post-19611-0-57592200-1465068272_thumb.png

post-19611-0-57760400-1465068276_thumb.png

post-19611-0-35782400-1465068294_thumb.png

post-19611-0-60878900-1465068298_thumb.png

post-19611-0-93358900-1465068302_thumb.png

post-19611-0-08699200-1465068307_thumb.png

post-19611-0-21270200-1465068311_thumb.png

post-19611-0-45885300-1465068315_thumb.png

post-19611-0-91629500-1465068319_thumb.png

Got the OK from 90SK to use his mod as the base of the lost Hyperspace war robes I want to cook up. Since it is basically just additional textures, there will need to be some 2da edits done and then I can add the robes to his mod files as additional textures, so it will be textures and a patch for his mod.

Just a general announcement: I will be absent for an undetermined time. Long story short someone started bouncing off my IP and internet is suspended. Other issues are involved but I won’t discuss them here. It will involve an unplanned move away from incompetent associates. These days stupidity is intolerable, especially if it becomes a threat to personal health.

Just a general announcement: I will be absent for an undetermined time. Long story short someone started bouncing off my IP and internet is suspended. Other issues are involved but I won’t discuss them here. It will involve an unplanned move away from incompetent associates. These days stupidity is intolerable, especially if it becomes a threat to personal health.

Of course, no worries! Real life always comes first. Nevertheless, there is some great stuff in this thread! Good work!

Thanks FS. I am not sure if I will be able to release anything else or not. Of course I still have a ton of content I was just finishing up on, and the problem is in my aging laptop.

The monitor took a dump on me and I was unable to access my linux desktop from the secondary monitor at all to switch display settings. I inadvertently logged in to xfce desktop which does not allow you to change the display settings by right clicking on the desktop and could not see anything on the laptop monitor, even with a flash light (an old trick for when the lights burn out behind an lcd screen) so I had to reinstall on a second partition or risk losing all my work.

I have to backup and compress my playonlnux/wine versions of kotor or they will not work as virtual drives but that is a lengthy and system intensive process which can take a while to complete. Then I have to import them just so, or they wont run.

Once I get that done then I have to attempt to reinstall both blender and an older version of blender that was a headache to get installed. Gimp is no issue, already done.

I am already backlogged with a lot of other issues, and this just adds to it. In over my head is an understatement. As you can see im just getting around to replying here.

If i cannot seem to get anywhere with these issues, i may have to hand off what i have so far to someone who is able to test and put the finishing touches on a few things.

• Like 1