peacy66

Changing party .utc file with TSLRCM and M4-78 EP

Hi, I'm willing to change some party .utc fille to change their appearance and maybe a couple feats and such, I was wondering if I could edit those .utc files without breaking what is new in TSLRCM and M4-78 EP. My override is empty of these .utc files (for my party) so I'm guessing these 2 mods didn't touch it but I also know that they have lots of files modified in the .mod so I don't know if it would replace anything from there.

If there is some of these .utc files modified, could I get a tip to where I could extract them from the .mod files so I can modify the already modified .utc, thus making it compatible. (It would work like that, correct?).  

I want to use p_goto.utc, p_visas.utc, p_atton.utc and p_mand.utc. Mainly I want to change their appearance with these files and modify G0-T0's class as well as Mandalore's class. I want to use this method over KSE editing so I have their modified appearance even before they even join my party. (For example, is it gonna work for Visas' cutscene with Nihilus before she finds me?)

Oh and 1 more question i have: Do I have to modify their 001, 002 variants  (ex :P_atton001.utc) for this to work.

Party members' UTCs are in BIFs, not MODs. If you modify them they should be compatible as long as you keep the same tag and template resref.

OK, thank you. I will try it and make those boring characters (yes after the tons of times I have played TSL, they now are boring!!!) more "colorful" and I should be able to change their robes now if I edit the appearances.2da. I was mainly afraid that these particular files were used in TSLRCM and there is a script tab in these files, and I didn't want a TSLRCM script not firing because I extracted the original files. (Scripts are frightening for me as some bad scripts by other modders have bugged my games often in the past.)  So I'll give it a try - tyvm for the fast answers!!! BTW, both of you are awesome modders, ty for your hard work!!! Please keep the awesome mods coming!!!

You should be careful though, as some .mod's DO use the same filename as the general one, and thus be overwritten even if they might be different.

I know Hanharr isn't (otherwise he wouldn't be in the TSLRCM override :)), but a few others are. And since several modules use modified versions (001, 002 as mentioned) you also need to modify these or they appear in their old appearance for those instances (generally cutscenes) which can be very jarring.