N-DReW25

WIP Kotor 1 Improvement

You might need to reinstall the game now if your .rim files are corrupted.

To get a working .mod:

1. Make a new folder called "Resources".

2. Open the first .rim (the one that DOES NOT have "_s" in the filename)

3. Extract everything to the Resources folder.

4. Close ERFEdit.

5. Open the second .rim (the one that DOES have "_s" in the filename)

6. Extract everything to the Resources folder.

7. Close ERFEdit.

8. Move your changed files (and any new files) to the Resources folder, overwriting what's there if necessary.

9. Open ERFEdit (but DO NOT open any files).

10. Go the File menu and select "New".

11. Set the filetype to .MOD.

12. Make a new file named the same as the first .rim (the one that DOES NOT have "_s" in the filename).

13. Add everything from your Resources folder to ERFEdit.

14. Save the .mod.

15. Close ERFEdit.

Then load up the game and go to the level for the first time (new game or previous save required).

Okay got everything up to 10

So I am in erf edit and I pressed new and made it a .mod extension but create a new file called end_m01aa I'm confused.

Do I make the file in erf edit or do I exit erf edit and then you say add everything from the resource folder to erf edit so does 10,11 and 12 have anything do with this comment

Sorry for this but I am as eager to play the mod without bugs

At number 11, you set the file type/extension to .MOD. At number 12, you just name the file you're creating the same as the .rim. In this case, "end_m01aa" is the filename and it should be a .mod file.

You need to add everything from the Resources folder to the .mod and then save it. Also, you need to NOT delete the files after they're added. You need to keep them at least until you save the .mod file.

Ok I made a .mod but when I create the character and press play then the loading screen doesn't load and then the main title music plays and the arrow appears

Because like I said im a new modder this is my first mod and I don't know how to actually give you files on deadlystream

(I am sorry that something so simple is taking forever)

When replying to this thread (or in a PM to Fair Strides, click on "More Reply Options" / "Use Full Editor", then use the "Attach File" selection and upload it.

• Like 1

So When I Did Try to Attach end_m01aa.mod I got "You aren't Permitted to upload this type of file" so do I Just Ignore that because I've Noticed 2 Things Darth Bandon is Invisible in the cut scene and when I tried to make tar_m02aa it Just sent me back to the main screen but I couldn't do anything at all.

So what did I do wrong with the .mod

I had honestly forgot about it with all the stuff I've been doing...

It definitely crashed the game on my end too, so I opened it up in ERFEdit, extracted all of the files to a new folder, and closed ERFEdit.

I then re-opened ERFEdit, went to the File menu, selected "New", and made an "end_m01aa.mod" file with the extension dropdown thingy set to .mod as well. After that, I just dragged all the files back in, completely un-modified, saved, and loaded up the level in-game.

Everything worked fine.

Given that, I think you skipped some steps from my detailed walkthrough somewhere. The .rim and .mod files have different data in them, so ERFEdit needs to be re-opened (thus, "reset") when switching between the file format it's working with.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ktsov4gz7ebkufs

So with the formats of the .mod and .rim being incorrect was that my fault because I think I need to know more abkut the .mod and .rim data changing and how to change it back.

Also does closing by closing erf edit and re opening it resets it but do I have to save the .mod before hand

The closing of ERFEdit is what is "resetting" it. You can't save the .mod with resetting it.

You might go back to my original instructions and read them word-for-word, line-by-line. Everything that's been discussed since then was mentioned or walked-through in those instructions (hence why there were so many).

The basic idea is this: Extract all files into one folder. Close ERFEdit, open new ERFEdit, make new .mod file. Drag all files from the folder into the ERFEdit. Save. Done.

With the format problem is that normal or did I stuff up with that also when closing and opening erf edit (resetting)does that save the .mod and fixes the format or is there more things required before doing this

Closing ERF Edit will not save the file. ERF Edit etiher cannot switch between formats or handles it poorly if you try to change formats with a file already open.

The constant closing and reopening gets you in the mindset of "resetting" ERFEdit when switching file formats. But the real reason for re-opening ERFEdit and only working with one ERFEdit open at a time is because on Windows 7 and higher (not sure about Vista, but the issue is not there on XP) there is a glitch where drag-and-drop from ERFEdit to your system fails if you try to perform more than one drag-and-drop operation, even if it's the same ERF Edit. You need to re-open ERFEdit every time you want to drag and drop stuff.

It Crashes.zip

Every time I attempt to do this I follow it word for word and it crashes even when I only replace n_sithappren001.uti it crashes.

I am running a windows 8 computer and I'm modding the steam version of Kotor and it runs well unless your near smoke then it lags and the sith trooper texture isn't normal either.

Firstly I open Erf edit and open end_m01aa.rim and extract the 3 files within it into a new folder and I close out of erf edit,then I do the same to end_m01aa_s.rim and extract them into the same folder and close out of erf edit,after that i get all my modified files and overwrite the ones within the new folder

Then I open erf edit and select new and I set it to end_m01aa.mod then I click on add resources and I highlight everything within the new folder and then after there all in erf edit I save it and drop it into the modules folder and replace the previous one in their then I launch the game Create a new character to test the module and It crashes.

I am at the point were I need screenshots to Guide me through this because this seems impossible.