djh269

Djh269's WIP

Hey guys, 

I have decided I wish to create some mods (finally) and I've settled on solely working on a cheeky little storyline mod I hope you'll be interested in. It uses the uncut Kashyyk Module found in the K1 Lost Modules pack. It basically involves a rogue Sith that wants to start his own cult/army, he also happens to of stole a lot of artifacts the Sith Embassy (is that what it's called haha?) on Korriban. 

I made this thread to motivate me that little bit more and to receive criticisms/feedback on what I'm doing, and also ask for a little help along the way.

I've been able to: 

- implement triggers via KGFF (not done mines yet though)

- change the module name

- change where you spawn when you enter the module

- implement placeables

- implement creatures + make them walk around randomly (some will spawn every time you enter the module like certain creatures throughout the game, I may change this though) 

- started on some side missions to the main plot

What I haven't been able to do: 

- implement a door (a force field to be exact) via KGFF, basically been messing around with the orientations but got distracted haha

- implement a mini map 

- able to make the fight between the boss and the player a really cool battle via his heartbeat script (inspiration comes from this thread: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/3479-making-darth-nihilus-a-hardcore-badass-sith-lord/?hl=nihilus), been messing around with this but to no avail as of yet: nCurrentHP=GetCurrentHitPoints

- decide what skins to use for the various characters

So, I've been working on this for a couple of weeks, and in my defence I'm really not that artistic and never believe things look right so I've spent most of my time skinning and coming up with a few choices of what to have. My biggest issue is the main bosses armor at the minute, what do you like best (I know the back needs a lot of improvement): 

Trouser edit- 

post-17976-0-05775800-1451606890_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-99089500-1451606890_thumb.jpeg

No Trouser edit- 

post-17976-0-15527200-1451606967_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-35670900-1451606968_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-99619700-1451606968_thumb.jpeg

My inspiration was found here: 

post-17976-0-67116500-1451607056_thumb.jpg

Also, here are a few items and a few choices for the minions armors and also a cheeky video of how I want the boss fight to start (done in taris but i can change that):

Item ideas- 

post-17976-0-63616600-1451607221_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-29078900-1451607223_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-02304700-1451607235_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-67602000-1451607236_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-82379500-1451607237_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-34976200-1451607239_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-04000600-1451607352_thumb.jpeg

Minion armor variations: 

post-17976-0-17558800-1451607309_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-09915900-1451607310_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-17829000-1451607311_thumb.jpegpost-17976-0-98084000-1451607311_thumb.jpeg

Random twilek head that may or may not use for the boss- 

post-17976-0-13853500-1451607517_thumb.jpg

Last but not least, here's the video I wish to use to make the entrance for my boss, or something along these lines: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M76KM91WtVw

Many thanks everyone, sorry for the lengthy post but I'm getting excited haha. I expect people to be as critical as humanly possible, if you want to vent fury with lengthy words than here's a place to do it :)

Djh269

I cannot commend you enough for the foundation you've laid down before announcing your project, as well as the planning and thought you've put into it and the resources you've already gathered. :thumbsu:

Hello Fairstrides, 

Wow, that really means a lot! Thank you! You may remember (I'd take my hat off if you do :P) this post a while back: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=214339 Basically, the silver armour (4th picture) along the items pictures is that armour haha! BUT... I had to do it with an appearance to be able to get it to run faster and it works! I know Sithspecter was curious about it but I changed these fields in the appearance.2da:

moverate = FAST (instead of NORM)

drivemaxspeed = 20.0 (instead of 5.4)

It would be nice but I can only use that appearance, and that isn't really what I wanted, and I believe the script worked even without the armour  :/ 

Btw, this will be one of many gadgets / artifacts I'll implement in this mod as there's some really neat ideas for gadgets that I want to try and put into it, they'll mainly be Da'jaaraks (the big boss) stolen sith artefacts 

Many thanks again, and happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!

Djh269 

I really like your armor variations, especially the first few screens of the reskinned armored sith robes. They look amazing, can't wait to see more on this project. And like FS said, your foundation is solid.

Hey guys, 

I'm installing both Brotherhood of Shadows and K1R alongside my mod and will make them all run smoothly, it also has Call of Aid in mind because I'm using the Deesra dialogue rather than Vandars dialogue. 

I've done some more side quests scripting and started on having the whole thing planted in the vanilla storyline. And, I have a few questions:

- With adding Journal Entries, when will I need to "track" the quest?

- Also, has anybody ever added fires to a module before? I've created them via scripting (They're placeables) and they're floating in mid-air haha! Does anybody have a solution?

Cheers, 

Djh269

- With adding Journal Entries, when will I need to "track" the quest?

- Also, has anybody ever added fires to a module before? I've created them via scripting (They're placeables) and they're floating in mid-air haha! Does anybody have a solution?

Not sure what you mean on the first one.

Unlike Creatures, the other entries in the .git file aren't glued to the ground's Z-coordinate. So, if you drop the Z-coordinate on your fires, they will spawn in lower.

Not sure what you mean on the first one.

I found a tutorial on Lucasforums for adding journal entries found here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143372, and at the bottom it says this: 

Keeping track of your plot with Globals

Now, if you want the game to remember plot adavancement, you will have to set Globals. Here is a sample script:

Code:
{

SetGlobalNumber("MY_PLOT", 7);

}

and edit globalcat.2da by adding a line for your plot.

So, when would I be required to use SetGlobalNumber("      "); ? 

Unlike Creatures, the other entries in the .git file aren't glued to the ground's Z-coordinate. So, if you drop the Z-coordinate on your fires, they will spawn in lower.

I will mess around with the z coordinates. Thanks for the advice!

I found a tutorial on Lucasforums for adding journal entries found here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143372, and at the bottom it says this: 

So, when would I be required to use SetGlobalNumber("      "); ? 

I will mess around with the z coordinates. Thanks for the advice!

Well, the game needs to know how far the player has progressed in a quest. You can either store that information in journal entries and then make conditional scripts that check if a certain entry was reached to unlock the next step. The other option is to use one or more global to store information. That way you could for example store two information pieces for the same quest independant of each other and you won't have to worry about them interferring when only using journal entries.

To tag along with Kexikus' points, let's say part of your quest has two or more possible outcomes/p[tions? How would you keep track of which outcome/option was achieved?

You could either check the entry id of the quest, or if wanting to check the results after the quest has been finished, you would need to use global number or booleans (booleans are 0 or 1, no or yes). So you would need to set the global number or boolean at the time the event happens and set it according to what needs to be recorded.

As an example, take the given scenario:

==========================================================================================

Your ship is boarded while you're away on business and you come back to find it's being occupied. You go in and fight your way to the cockpit.

When you confront the person responsible, you can do one of the following:

1. Kill him.

2. Pay him off.

3. Reason with him.

==========================================================================================

If you wanted to use the guy later on in the quest if he survived, you'd want to check to make sure the player hadn't killed him.

Hello again, 

Thanks for the brilliant advice! So, I can garner from the above that: if I wanted to kill two bounties in two different modules, but the only way of accessing the second module and seeing the second bounty was by killing the first, i'd have to create this scenario by placing this script below onto his OnDeath script tab within his UTC that checks the plot advancement and for the OnEnter of the second module to then be able to check for said advancement? Sorry if this seems like a strange way of looking at things haha. 

Code:

{
SetGlobalNumber("Kas38bountyAdead", 7);
}

I've been messing around with script generators and they are really fun to work with! I'm using: lilac souls nwn script generator-v23 + Kotor script generator 2.1b by Jmac7142 http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

I've been been contemplating just how to implement the main mission, and I've decided to create a treasure room of sorts that will be filled with empty placeables to better explain them being stolen from Korriban, nothing too major but I can't think of any artefacts. I played through TSL's Korriban dialogue with Kreia to get a better idea and she does talk about gravediggers stealing artifacts and about a Tulak Hord holocron that may or may not of been discovered, which I hope to place within the mod. But can anyone think of any sith lords/sith lords items or even any cool sith artefacts, as I don't really want to be Cliche and have a full item set of each of the sith lords that were situated in Korriban (ajunta pall, naga sadow etc)

However, I have settled on the following (I don't know if they are real artefacts or not just made them up lol): 

Naga Sadows crystal of despair

Tulak Hords beast spawner

Ajunta Palls medallion 

Naga Sadows poison device

Marka Ragnos tome 

Ancient Sith battle armor

Ancient Sith battle mask

Many thanks again!

Hey guys, 

I've been taking a little break from my work on the korriban/kashyyk story mod and decided to work on a sith apprentice overhaul, I was playing through Kotor again with Kainzorus Prime's NPC overhaul (a must have for anyone) and I came to the conclusion that they (the sith apprentices) should be more diverse, and not all bald... So, I asked Seikan if I could use his sith trooper helmet found here: https://web.archive.org/web/20100714045307/http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/115673/6

And he said yes! So, here's a few sith apprentice reskins and helmets: 

Sith governor on Taris:

post-17976-0-13774400-1454427054_thumb.jpeg

Sith master from the 3 sith group encounter on Tatooine:

post-17976-0-62380300-1454427043_thumb.jpeg

Sith master from the 3 sith group encounter on Kashyyk:

post-17976-0-76986400-1454427046_thumb.jpeg

Sith governor on Manaan:

post-17976-0-93577600-1454427041_thumb.jpeg

Sith master on the Leviathan in the hangar:

post-17976-0-29291300-1454427048_thumb.jpeg

Sith master 01 standing next to saul:

post-17976-0-49408200-1454427060_thumb.jpeg

Sith master 02 standing next to saul: 

post-17976-0-73450600-1454427049_thumb.jpeg

Sith master on the Unknown world:

post-17976-0-73867900-1454427052_thumb.jpeg

Sith master you see talking to Malak on the star forge (may take some scripting to do):

post-17976-0-63582500-1454427055_thumb.jpeg

Random red and black robe and mask: 

post-17976-0-19782100-1454427051_thumb.jpeg

I will make create the mod in a way that lets you choose whether you start off with them wearing the masks or change their dialogues so that they equip it when they attack, or to not have the masks on their utc files at all. I will also skins some heads for them and may create some reskinned vacuum masks to accompany them as well. 

I will also work on some of the skins as well as some are pretty bright and need general tweaking. 

Djh269

post-17976-0-34875900-1454427045_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Great looking armor, love the subtle variations.

And it looks like we both have had the same inspiration :D

It's not the same, but it's close!

Prevver44_zpsos7cge3q.jpg

Great looking armor, love the subtle variations.

And it looks like we both have had the same inspiration :D

It's not the same, but it's close!

Prevver44_zpsos7cge3q.jpg

That's an amazing armour/helmet variation! I have to say your work is god-like compared to mine haha  :unworthy:

I'm still learning the ropes on making things go together properly, for some some reason I can never get the back right on that skin but I reckon I'll mainly cover it in red. 

I do have an unhealthy obsession with the Bandon model as you can probably see, and you've just fuelled it even more lol! 

That's an amazing armour/helmet variation! I have to say your work is god-like compared to mine haha  :unworthy:

I'm still learning the ropes on making things go together properly, for some some reason I can never get the back right on that skin but I reckon I'll mainly cover it in red. 

I do have an unhealthy obsession with the Bandon model as you can probably see, and you've just fuelled it even more lol! 

Thanks for that big compliment ^^

You're doing pretty good. Take your time to get to know the skin, how it is layout on the model.

Just experiment a bit. You'll improve over time, in bound and leaps sometimes.

But I'dd say your doing pretty well, since it's way more then just reskinnig.

Don't ask me to do scripts or any of that stuff. :)

Bandon's armor is just very cool looking; I did a Jedi variant on it earlier, since the LS side lacked this sort of heavier beef looking armor :P

Thanks for that big compliment ^^

You're doing pretty good. Take your time to get to know the skin, how it is layout on the model.

Just experiment a bit. You'll improve over time, in bound and leaps sometimes.

But I'dd say your doing pretty well, since it's way more then just reskinnig.

Don't ask me to do scripts or any of that stuff. :D

Bandon's armor is just very cool looking; I did a Jedi variant on it earlier, since the LS side lacked this sort of heavier beef looking armor :P

I'm trying different things with my textures more and more, for example the shiny orange icon for the re-skinned Jamoh Hogra's armor in my first post, I'll add optional shiny icons to the sith apprentice mods (I'm using this tutorial: http://mygimptutorial.com/fancy-glow-effects-in-gimp I used when I did the armor because I can't remember for the life of me how to do it lol. I've settled on using this icon

post-17976-0-76290600-1455365822_thumb.jpeg

For my black and grey armor found here:

post-17976-0-81224200-1455365871_thumb.jpeg

And I'm going to work on using alpha channels to add some shiny layers to it. I really am a noob at skinning I should of definitely payed more attention in IT class!

Scripting would be impossible for me without the great tutorials around for assistance, everything I've covered off in my first post and more was through the aid of lucasforums, deadlystream and a few other sites.

I can remember seeing a browner variation of your armor you've posted above, is that the same skin? 

• Like 1

I'm trying different things with my textures more and more, for example the shiny orange icon for the re-skinned Jamoh Hogra's armor in my first post, I'll add optional shiny icons to the sith apprentice mods (I'm using this tutorial: http://mygimptutorial.com/fancy-glow-effects-in-gimp I used when I did the armor because I can't remember for the life of me how to do it lol. I've settled on using this icon

attachicon.gifia_revan_230.jpeg

For my black and grey armor found here:

attachicon.gifBlack and grey.jpeg

And I'm going to work on using alpha channels to add some shiny layers to it. I really am a noob at skinning I should of definitely payed more attention in IT class!

Scripting would be impossible for me without the great tutorials around for assistance, everything I've covered off in my first post and more was through the aid of lucasforums, deadlystream and a few other sites.

I can remember seeing a browner variation of your armor you've posted above, is that the same skin? 

Lol; I always forget the icon business, untill the last minute, so it's mostly a hasty hack job :P

And, yes, LF and Deadlystream have taught me everything about modding. I wouldn't have gotten far without the support of the whole community.

It's quiet a rush when you finish your first mod ever and see it working in game.

Alpha channels will certainly take your skins to a new level, there's a lot you can do with those.

Brown? Hmm, might have been an earlier version variation of the Jedi thingy I talked about :D

Lol; I always forget the icon business, untill the last minute, so it's mostly a hasty hack job :P

And, yes, LF and Deadlystream have taught me everything about modding. I wouldn't have gotten far without the support of the whole community.

It's quiet a rush when you finish your first mod ever and see it working in game.

Alpha channels will certainly take your skins to a new level, there's a lot you can do with those.

Brown? Hmm, might have been an earlier version variation of the Jedi thingy I talked about :D

I am so sorry I thought I replied to this like 10 days ago! 

I loved creating like 10 textures for armors for the sith apprentice mod as a tester and then regretted it when it came to the icons haha. Although I like the finished result when paired with the helmet icons. 

There's so many tutorials floating around both LF and Deadlystream and a fair few other sites I do believe. I was only interested in scripting to start off with because it fascinated me, mainly the heartbeat script (until I read the thing haha). But then I fell in love with the sith apprentice skin and just started going crazy on other things. What I've done so far in my Kashyyk module for my mod in terms of scripting is easy compared to what I want to do in the last boss fight, I had the idea of making a script that runs a conditional that checks whether the boss is dead and then activates some of his unique powers and to execute another script and randomize it until he's dead but I doubt that'll work. I'm gonna love it when I release one of my mod ideas.

This is easily one of my favourite looking robe textures and it's because of the alpha channels: 

post-17976-0-83249800-1456304353_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna work on making my images a larger scale (not 512x512 lol) as I think that's the way to go, and I'm gonna work on adding textures within my work from other sources, and no, taking a picture of my jeans on my iPhone and trying to use it to replace the trousers in the sith apprentice texture didn't work :P

Ahhh I'll search for that brown skin of the helmet I believe it looked really nice :D

Djh269

What do you guys think of this as my yellow variation of my sith apprentice skin?

post-17976-0-45618500-1459637449_thumb.jpg

post-17976-0-41264900-1459708435_thumb.jpeg

post-17976-0-40156800-1459708436_thumb.jpeg

post-17976-0-58007800-1459708437_thumb.jpeg

good work DJ. hope everything works out like you want it. if you need any tips on texturing just hit me up. they look great.

• Like 1