Todd Hellid

Converting Kotor 1 Weapon models to Kotor 2 Models

I know how to convert the models with MDLOps.06 but I can't make the new weapon upgradeable. Do I have to do something with the UTC file?

I'm pretty sure this is considered porting (moving assets from K1 over to TSL or visa versa) and is against the forum rules.

Mmm well porting custom content is OK right? like converting a mod, or is it best not to discuss because of the info being used inappropriately?

yeah its in the utc file: Upgrade level, but I forget how exactly it works, I blieve its 1-3 for the amount of upgrades but you might have to experiment. there are much better custom models out there than are found in vanilla anyways scrap dat conversion.

Mmm well porting custom content is OK right? like converting a mod, or is it best not to discuss because of the info being used inappropriately?

yeah its in the utc file: Upgrade level, but I forget how exactly it works, I blieve its 1-3 for the amount of upgrades but you might have to experiment. there are much better custom models out there than are found in vanilla anyways scrap dat conversion.

Porting custom content... that's usually fine as it's custom content and thus not in the game's files, but unless permission is given, this work is for personal use only!!!

And I think both you and Todd mean the uti file. :)