is it just me or does using Mira's wrist launcher change up the DCs of the grenades it fires?

It seems that way as well to me, however it may just be because the repeated explosions look so awesome! Lol, but in all seriousness, I believe you are correct, perhaps... I am actually not sure as to why this is, oh and welcome to the website! Even though you've been here awhile... Welp... Thats it...

is it just me or does using Mira's wrist launcher change up the DCs of the grenades it fires?

Specifically, do you mean the DC to resist the grenade's effect?

Edit: Checking the k_sup_bands.nss file, the grenades activate the same code regardless of which way you launch them; this is done by checking for both the grenade's row and the launcher's row from the spells.2da.

Both actually. I added the ability to use it to my Exile and now the stun grenade is more reliable than the force power and the grenades hit whatever I am aiming at. Is it that because I'm a Duelist this time? Anyway the Stun concussion grenades are even effecting Jedi masters...all of them...

Okay, now you're talking about Grenade DCs versus Force Power DCs... Those are definitely two entirely different things. The Force Powers bring in Will saves, attribute bonuses, and the caster's level amongst other things. The Grenades just check again the Uncanny Dodge feats (reduce damage if any) and the Reflex saves...

the stun grenade's stun check is a will save isn't it?

edit: the in game description says stun concussion and sonic are both will saves...and there both 15 and they both effect the Jedi masters .

the stun grenade's stun check is a will save isn't it?

edit: the in game description says stun and sonic are both will saves...and the sonic one is 15 and it effects the Jedi masters too.

Yes, they are Will saves (that part I was not correct about). A stun or sonic grenade has a DC of 15, which can be brought down to 13 or 11 if the target has the Uncanny Dodge 1 or Uncanny Dodge 2 feats. So, if the target does not have either feat, they have to roll a 16 or greater to not be affected.

The Stun force power has a DC of  (5 + spell level + CHA Mod + WIS Mod) of the caster, so I assume the spell level would be 1 (the first tier of the power) or the level of your character plus the other numbers.

Other things that affect the DC are below:

+2 if you have the Force Mastery form active,

-2 if the target has the Makashi or Focus form active,

-1 if the target has the Niman form active,

+4 if the target has the Juyo or Mastery form active.

This modified DC is then checked against a Fortitude Save involving the target, the DC, a saving throw against mind-affecting, and involving the caster (literally, it looked like this:

nSave = FortitudeSave(oTarget,nMod, SWFP_PRIVATE_SAVE_VERSUS_TYPE);

). If the Fortitude Save returns 0, the save failed and they are stunned. If it returns 1, it succeeded and they're safe. If it returns 2, they are immune to it and safe.

So...

Let's assume you're level 25 at Malachor, a Jedi Weaponmaster with no mastery bonuses, with a Charisma of 16 and a Wisdom of 16. That gives you a DC of 5 + 25 + 3 + 3 = 36. And the best they could do is 20 + 2 + their fortitude save bonus = 22 + ???(which could be anywhere from 10 to 20).

While a Concussion or Sonic Grenade is a straight 15 DC against a will save + their will save bonus.

how bout a consular/WM with wisdom of 20 and charisma 20. level 37... and the concussion is still more reliably stunning the Jedi at Malicore. it only evens up with FM. I think something is adding ether the consular bonus or my dex bonus (21) to the dc...

Messages/Dialog Screen, the feedback button at the bottom.

I thought it was Combat and not Feedback. (Though I normally check Combat for damage stats on weapons testing rather than grenades or mines)

Whichever screen that talks about DC saves and damage breakdowns...

Ah. Apologies for the confusion. I was just curious.

Finally found the bloody combat log.  At level 2 with a +3(17) Dex mod and 13 demo (with equipment) I'm getting a DC of 28, damage 33 on sonic grenades, normal is 15 dc damage 10. If I drop the demo equipment to the 4 I have naturally the DC is 19 and the damage is 24. conclusion: the dc and possibly the damage is heavily modified, with the wrist launcher, by the user's Demo skill.

EDIT: new !FUN! way to play: Vangard. Use force jump in to a group and grenade the closest one with wrist launcher equipped and full Demo. If your defense is high enough you may not oneshot yourself. Its very orky.