Sign in to follow this  
Jorak Uln

MISSING texture from hex editing

Hi all, 

hope you guys can help me out on this:

i tried myself a bit on hex editing the Hraekert Base Manaan.

For that i opened all m28aa - m28ad .mdl files and renamed LMA_wall01 (with Hex Workshop) to JUM_wall01.

then i exported the m28aa - ad .mdx files (unedited - there is no LMA_wall01 inside) directly from Kotor Tool into Override together with the edited mdl.

Of course i had a JUM_wall.tga there as well.

But when gone ingame, the new walls were visible, but also missing textures like here:

post-11673-0-79891300-1440065663_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-02202100-1440065666_thumb.jpg

Did you manually replace each instance, or just do a simple replace all? There's also a LMA_wall01c, which would have been changed to JUM_wallc with a replace all, assuming it is used in the same model. Do a search in the edited file for any instances of JUM_wallc.

Did you manually replace each instance, or just do a simple replace all? There's also a LMA_wall01c, which would have been changed to JUM_wallc with a replace all, assuming it is used in the same model. Do a search in the edited file for any instances of JUM_wallc.

I did a search for wall01 in each .mdl file, and changed LMA_wall01 to JUM_wall01 manually - no replace all. (there seems to be only 1 LMA_wall01 instance in each mdl)

Note that i didnt made any changes to either LMA_wall01c or the .mdx files.