Sign in to follow this  
211darthrevan443

How to add a texture to custom model?

In gmax, I made a custom model as a mask, but it's meant to be a hat, and I don't know how to link a texture to it.

Many thanks.

Drag and drop the texture from wherever it's at onto your physical model in GMax.

It won't let me, it just shows a block sign on my mouse pointer

Ok, so what I did was import a mask which were "verpineheadgear" and so I deleted that model, and created some shapes to make it into the object I wanted, is that ok?

That should work, as should the dragging and dropping for the texture. What format is your texture?

Sounds like you need to read/watch some basic Max tutorials before going any further. Google is your friend.

For textures, create a new material, add a texture in the diffuse slot, apply it to the mesh.

Sounds like you need to read/watch some basic Max tutorials before going any further. Google is your friend.

For textures, create a new material, add a texture in the diffuse slot, apply it to the mesh.

OMG! thanks! I didnt even know that the little grey box next to diffuse was for that!

Hmmmmm... but even after I added the image, it is still a plain color.

From the material's main tab, choose Show in Editor. Again, tutorials will explain all this.

I did that

And will the mdl work ingame with a "meshSmooth" modifier?