SaltySoul

[Help] Clean Install

Hello! So with the new update of TSL on steam I would like to try and use the workshop as much as possible. I have a slight problem in that I've manually downloaded so many mods and I'm a super forgetful person so my collection of backup files and folders just confuses me. :P Is there a way I can do a fresh install of the steam version of TSL? I've already verified game cache and just reinstalled but everything is still in my override folder and other folders that I've modified. Anyone know if I can do this or will I just have to slog through all my files?

Choose Delete Local Content in Steam (right click on the TSL entry in your games list, select from the pop-up menu). It will delete everything, so make sure you back up any content you want to keep to a different folder elsewhere first. Afterwards you may need to right click on it again and choose Install to force it to download again.

Not quite sure as above user all gets removed... make sure to check it and manually remove any leftovers.

As someone who has had to do fresh installs multiple times, there most certainly ARE leftovers.  You must, must go into Steam's folders and delete the game's folder to insure a fresh install.  Do wait until you've deleted local content, or else you'll have to wait even longer for the recycle bin to finish.

And yes, save anything you really want to save outside the game's folder, up to and including swkotor2.ini, else you will have to redo all your game settings and redo any edits to that file (like adding windowed mode or enabling cheats).

Yeah I had tried just deleting local content and reinstalling already but when I booted up K2 my widescreen fix and TSLCRM were still in place. I guess I'll just have to delete the game folders. Thanks everyone!