Sign in to follow this  
Kexikus

Looking for a unique head to modify

I'm currently working on a mini-mod for K1 and for that I need a unique male head, with a texture I can modify for my needs.

To be more specific, I'll use this head for a Sith that'll only be seen once for a very short time. So I'm looking for an existing unique head that's also used on a minor character so that you don't recognize him immediately. To do that I'll also add some tattoos and Sith eyes but there are limitations to what I can do with texture editing, so it shouldn't be a character that you saw a dozen times earlier and recognize immediately.

I already looked through many of the unique heads available in K1, but couldn't find what I'm looking for. So I was wondering if you know of a unique NPC that plays only a very minor role and could be used. (One example would be the woman you meet when entering the Dune Sea, I just need a male character^^).

Thank you :)

Guest R2-X2

IIRC Marl uses the caucasian old commoner face that you encounter numerous times all over the game.

Guest R2-X2

What about Gendar? He has a unique appearance, is not crucial to the gameplay, most people won't talk much with him, and he's only seen in the dark lighting down in the Slums... might work well with a reskin.

If you want an older fellow, you can always easily mix and match parts of textures. N_JorakH01, N_oldAMH01 & N_oldAMH02 all use similar uvw maps and models. Or N_DavikH01, N_DeadeyeH01, N_oldCMH01 & N_oldCMH02 use the similar uvw maps. If you're feeling adventurous, maybe you could edit a texture that used different parts from different textures (mix and match hair, eyes, mouth, nose, wrinkles, etc)? It would depend on what program you're using, and what your texturing skills are, but you could cut and paste quite a bit.

If you are going to use N_GendarH01, then PMHB01 also uses a similar uvw, so you could probably cut and paste some of his texture in.

If you want an older fellow, you can always easily mix and match parts of textures. N_JorakH01, N_oldAMH01 & N_oldAMH02 all use similar uvw maps and models. Or N_DavikH01, N_DeadeyeH01, N_oldCMH01 & N_oldCMH02 use the similar uvw maps. If you're feeling adventurous, maybe you could edit a texture that used different parts from different textures (mix and match hair, eyes, mouth, nose, wrinkles, etc)? It would depend on what program you're using, and what your texturing skills are, but you could cut and paste quite a bit.

If you are going to use N_GendarH01, then PMHB01 also uses a similar uvw, so you could probably cut and paste some of his texture in.

I'll try that, thanks for the tip :)