Jorak Uln

FLOOR Pattern Question

Hi guys, 

i currently want to make some floor tiles for Manaan, for that i usually  make a simple texture that covers the basic design (lines in  black; background in white) first - sth. like this:

Now i want to make a black/white one with the following pattern but struggling to make it exact:

post-11673-0-32837400-1433367555_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know a free resource etc. to get that pattern, or could help me out otherwise?

Have you tried making only one of those oddly shaped things on photoshop and when it is right copy it and paste it a lot until the pattern is complete??

Hi guys, 

i currently want to make some floor tiles for Manaan, for that i usually  make a simple texture that covers the basic design (lines in  black; background in white) first - sth. like this:

attachicon.gifNew 1.jpg

Now i want to make a black/white one with the following pattern but struggling to make it exact:

attachicon.gifswtor-manaan-flashpoint-guide-2.jpg

Does anyone know a free resource etc. to get that pattern, or could help me out otherwise?

Given the tiling effect of floor textures, I'd think you'll want to go from the middle of one tile to the middle of the other tile, both vertically and horizontally.

Something like this, I'd imagine (though a lot cleaner and the scale of the curves to the height is probably off...):

Jorak_Floor1_zpstdukocnc.png

Thank you guys for you answers - well i tried it manually as well, but it didnt came out exact - so i took a different approach yesterday:

Since this pattern has to be 100 % exact to look good,  especially the "S" formed lines have to be done with nodes: 

So it were a lot of nodes to be combined but thats the result:

1. Step:

2nd nodework:

3. fininshed tex:

Im considering to weather it a bit, but the clean look might fit Atho City better... 

I'd go with a little bit of weathering, so that it looks used but still shiny and clean.

The reason why im hesitating to do it  is that SWTOR Atho seems to be very clean...underwater should be totally different though...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To progress on my Manaan textures, i searched Kotor Tool for the Kolto Tank texture but couldnt find it:

post-11673-0-26340500-1433416445_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know the textures related to that tank?

The reason why im hesitating to do it  is that SWTOR Atho seems to be very clean...underwater should be totally different though...

I agree that it should be very clean, but I think that some tiny scratches or something similar would add some more realism. They shouldn't be too obvious however, but only give a slight feeling that there are people living in this city. But I can also understand your hesitation, still I'd atleast try a little bit of weathering.

I'd add a new layer set to Multiply, with some noise blurred to create metallic streaking (in GIMP, hurl --> desaturate --> motion blur length 20, angle 0 --> motion blur, length 20, angle 180.) Maybe another layer, gradient-->difference cloud, set to overlay, opacity 40%.

My five-minute take-off of your (awesome) texture:

test1_zpsefixnjba.jpg

Obviously, the look is a bit grimier than the one you're going for, but you can always play with the settings. :D

ETA: The Kolto tank textures appear to be PLC_KolTank.tpc and PLC_KoltoGlass.tpc . You can usually get a good idea of the texture name by checking through placeables.2da.

I'd add a new layer set to Multiply, with some noise blurred to create metallic streaking (in GIMP, hurl --> desaturate --> motion blur length 20, angle 0 --> motion blur, length 20, angle 180.) Maybe another layer, gradient-->difference cloud, set to overlay, opacity 40%.

My five-minute take-off of your (awesome) texture:

test1_zpsefixnjba.jpg

Obviously, the look is a bit grimier than the one you're going for, but you can always play with the settings. :D

ETA: The Kolto tank textures appear to be PLC_KolTank.tpc and PLC_KoltoGlass.tpc . You can usually get a good idea of the texture name by checking through placeables.2da.

Ah, thanks! I looked everywhere but not at the PLC files ;)

about your texture, well thats grim indeed! But Manaan (the upper part at least) is very clean and polished, so that might be a little too much...

well i tried a different approach in the meantime - i think its a good thing only to weather the lines - usually i use Outline 2 - 3.0.

subtle:

saltwater corroded:

• Like 1

The subtle version looks great.

But I also like how in the second version, it looks like the lines are wet (and corroded). I'd go with the subtle version to preserve the clean look of Ahto City but you should definetly keep the second effect in mind for the underwater stations.

Ah, thanks! I looked everywhere but not at the PLC files ;)

about your texture, well thats grim indeed! But Manaan (the upper part at least) is very clean and polished, so that might be a little too much...

well i tried a different approach in the meantime - i think its a good thing only to weather the lines - usually i use Outline 2 - 3.0.

subtle:

attachicon.gifNoiseLight.png

saltwater corroded:

attachicon.gifSaltwater.png

Fair enough. I think both of those look good. My thinking on the added layers was that the grey 'background' of the texture might be a little plain, and that in my experience, KotOR tends not to show particularly subtle texturing very well. :)

The Kolto tank is retextured & animated now - but the bottom octagon is way to bright.  Does anyone know which texture that is?

That Kolto Tank looks amazing! The octagon looks fine from my perspective! :D