Vaders Elite

Kotor II Port Coming Soon to Linux,Mobile & Macintosh

Seems pretty conclusive.

This would be the perfect time to ramp up in anticipation for the release of KOTOR II android.

• Like 1

Sir i have an Update

i recieved another reply from Aspyrlucy and look

http://imgur.com/OqILmLJ

(note:id recomend reading the bottom message 1st because the top one is the reply)

SHE DIDDNT DENY IT.i said "thanks for the tease" and she didnt DENY IT WOOHOOOOO.

Also she mentioned "Thanks for your patience" this could perhaps indicate that a K2 port is close to completion and that the picture really was a leak or as ASPYR Lucy put it"a padawan mistake"

Boy am i happy!

If this is really happening, then I cannot wait!!! :D Now all we need is a KotOR III! :P

Until there's confirmed features and a place online to purchase it, I don't see any of this as a big deal.

TSLRCM is what makes KOTOR II what it is. Without it, it is only a shell of what it's supposed to be. TSLRCM doesn't just restore content. It implements freaking bug fixes!

Does everyone hate the original kotor 2 without tslrcm?

ill probably play the game and the re play with tslrcm

Without TSLRCM, KOTOR II is a mere shell of what it's supposed to be!

TSLRCM is what makes KOTOR II what it is. Without it, it is only a shell of what it's supposed to be. TSLRCM doesn't just restore content. It implements freaking bug fixes!

Without TSLRCM, KOTOR II is a mere shell of what it's supposed to be!

ohh ok but without tslrcm would k2 be unfinshable?

Guest R2-X2

Not unifinishable... rather not worth finishing.

Really, use it. :P

Not unifinishable... rather not worth finishing.

Really, use it. :P

Ok ill do 2 play throughs on the k2 port

1. With tslrcm

2. Without it

Just a guess here but IF it did happen then im asuming the IOS ver would be released this year perhaps on december 06 to comemorate the 11yr anniversary

original date was on

Xbox

NA December 6, 2004

But the android ver would come 2016.

Again just speculation but if this happens i might get an iphone and play it and then ill mod it on android the following year

OkI'll do 2 play throughs on the k2 port

1. With TSLRCM

2. Without it

I suggest playing it without it first - if only to enjoy the restored parts more. Up to you, though.

Until there's confirmed features and a place online to purchase it, I don't see any of this as a big deal.

It's a nice way to build anticipation, though.

• Like 1

I suggest playing it without it first - if only to enjoy the restored parts more. Up to you, though.

THATS EXACTLY what i wanted to do.but im torn between k2 with or without tslrcm whats the difference between vanila and tslrcm story wise

NO SPOILERS PLEASE i hear its wayy more dark...

and why is it called one of obsidians best dialouge pieces.

The playthrough without TSLRCM will have more bugs.

However, let's keep thread dedicated to the new port. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere on this site that asks a similar question to yours.

• Like 1

Maybe there can be an option before you do a walkthrough where you would decide "Vanila" or "TSLRCM", which would be a good compromise.

Maybe there can be an option before you do a walkthrough where you would decide "Vanila" or "TSLRCM", which would be a good compromise.

Im hyped up now

Not realistically possible.

I could make a tool to rename the files that TSLRCM uses so that they aren't valid by the game, but you couldn't switch this mid-playthrough, and any files (like the 2da files) that are heavily modified would be a bit too risky to rename if you have other mods installed.

The best way to really do it is to install KotOR 2 twice, once in one location and once in another. Then install TSLRCM to one of them and don't do that for the other.

Not realistically possible.

I could make a tool to rename the files that TSLRCM uses so that they aren't valid by the game, but you couldn't switch this mid-playthrough, and any files (like the 2da files) that are heavily modified would be a bit too risky to rename if you have other mods installed.

The best way to really do it is to install KotOR 2 twice, once in one location and once in another. Then install TSLRCM to one of them and don't do that for the other.

I didn't mean in mid-walkthrough, only at the beginning of a new game.

Also, you can only do one walkthrough at a time (theoretically).

Also, you can only do one walkthrough at a time (theoretically).

Multiple save slots allow for virtually any number of concurrent playthroughs.

I don’t think this feature would disappear on a re-release of KotOR2.

Multiple save slots allow for virtually any number of concurrent playthroughs.

I don’t think this feature would disappear on a re-release of KotOR2.

it would suck if it did.

[Mod Note: Do not double post. You were warned about this last night and were directed to the Site Rules, which for emphasis are here.]

I want that too.

Lets talk specifics

kotor 1 was 2.4GB on android

what do yall think kotor 2 will be size wise?

Lets talk specifics

kotor 1 was 2.4GB on android

what do yall think kotor 2 will be size wise?

Once installed it wieghts ~4.3GiB on my Linux gaming machine (GOG version), but I think the port could benefit from modern compression algorithms. Which would be counterbalanced by the inclusion of higher resolution movies.

So I think we could reasonably expect anything for 4GiB to 5GiB (rough estimation).

For a quick comparison, my compressed custom installers of KotOR sizes:

_KotOR1: 2.4GiB

_KotOR2: 3.2GiB

Which would be counterbalanced by the inclusion of higher resolution movies.

Who would create these new movies at a higher resolution? IIRC, they didn't do anything like that for the KOTOR1 port. That's my personal reason that it doesn't seem likely to me.

Who would create these new movies at a higher resolution? IIRC, they didn't do anything like that for the KOTOR1 port. That's my personal reason that it doesn't seem likely to me.

I was not thinking about new movies, just the old ones converted to a higher resolution to avoid the game engine spending ressources in scaling while displaying them.

Maybe it shows my total ignorance on the way of programming for Android and such?

For the love of all that is good and holy, (I'm looking at all of you, even you, Sith Holocron) we freaking need TSLRCM!

• Like 1