VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

Even if we have a point where the Exile see the bodies in a form of image in the mind projected out around him/her- you hear VOs of the dead saying or reaching out to the PC.. to drill in the pain and horror of the choice to use that mass shadow device.

I would really like to pull this off in a very creepy way, what do you guys think about it?

Wasn't something like that supposed to happen in the Secret Tomb on Korriban but it was bugged?

Yes it was, and it was restored in TSLRCM. Do you guys think it would be weird fighting yourself again? Though maybe this time you could face an exact copy instead of a darker version of yourself.

How about something like an arena? An endurance round sorta thing.

We could maybe do that in combination with the training hall idea.

I'm realizing now that everyone is thinking of Trayus as some sort of tomb, or at least with an ambiance of one. When decorating it I tried to bring it closer to what it should be according to the name - an academy. I imagine it as being newly decorated by the Sith, bringing in new modern stuff. And of course in an academy, even if it is currently a center of operations for the Sith, I didn't feel like there should be any defenses like turrets or traps. Anyways, for you to get a feel for it, I was thinking if I should make a short screenshot tour through the proving ground, which would help everyone with getting ideas. ( Of course only if VP agrees. =P )

Guest Slstoev

I have an idea. First the exile doesn't know where the hell is the Trayus academy on Malachor so Atton manages to land somewhere without getting hit by the storm. Atton scannes a bit and finds the acdemy but it would be too dangerous to fly to their so the exile takes the swoop bike and races to the location with a time set to evade the stronger ligthining storm but either way once you get there the Ebon Hawk is shot down by the lighting and crashes normally like in the game then the Exile goes to check out how the crew is but(think of something to knock out the Exile) and then starts the normal part of Malachor V/VI.

Maybe to the library you could a vision/ghost of Revan searching/learning/studying from the archives of the library.

Guest S4crifice

I was thinking... maybe it's a long shot but, here goes:

If the Exile is facing his/her terrifying past, maybe you could get him/her (while meditating, I like the idea of meditating very much..) to re-live one of his past battles on that planet. But, the Exile will see all his past comrades die at the hands of their enemies before he/she gets a chance to react, in a cutscene-like stuff, and then he/she will attack the enemies that killed them. The idea is that the Exile will re-live the loss of his comrades in one of the many battles that took place then, that eventually led him/her to cutting himself/herself off the Force because of the mass shadow thing.

Because, let's not forget (because i did and i had to read the plot again on wikipedia as i wrote these lines) that ,before the corruption at malachor, they were fighting the mandalorians then. So basically the Exile will have to re-fight mandalorians.

I know that fighting mandalorians seems awfully out of place since the Exile is inside a SITH academy, just that my original thought was that the Exile fought sith spirits,or jedi depending on alignment, but i had to correct myself because there was no such thing back then, only mandalorians.

I really like the idea of the Exile fighting his past self in a trance-like meditaion though.

If the Exile is facing his/her terrifying past, maybe you could get him/her (while meditating, I like the idea of meditating very much..) to re-live one of his past battles on that planet. But, the Exile will see all his past comrades die at the hands of their enemies before he/she gets a chance to react, in a cutscene-like stuff, and then he/she will attack the enemies that killed them. The idea is that the Exile will re-live the loss of his comrades in one of the many battles that took place then, that eventually led him/her to cutting himself/herself off the Force because of the mass shadow thing.

The only issue is that the Exile was on the space ship that activated the mass shadow device. But you could have the shot from above looking down at the planet as if you were on a ship looking over the battle field. This would be triggered seeing the images of the bodies on the surface of Malachor V. See the images then shows a short memory cutscene which is the over look scan of the planet's battle on the surface watching friends fall in battle while other live and then hear the voices of the dead...then silence and one voice of an NPC saying the order has been given to use the mass shadow device...the order is being sent by Revan. This NPC could be Bao -dur (know someone who can do his voice) or just a general NPC- Republic soldier/officer. This would all be done as an over look and camera shots. You don't need to see the Exile actually since it's through his/her eyes. Then end the shot to fade black with an explosion sound effect from the game combined with other sounds.....then silence and then back to the PC there standing with the images of the dead and then you could add dlg as if the player is talking to themselves.....where they can say it was worth it,...feel sorry for those who died-friends. Then the PC can be shaken out of the visions of the past and the pain of what he/she did.

You don't need to fight the images since it is used to set the state that the PC has gone through pain/lost/ and in the end doe the Exile regret or feel the action justified, or some other state.

I'm not big on the image of the Exile fighting the Exile it was done on Korribian. If it was not done there I would be more open to it.

Logan

Guest S4crifice
The only issue is that the Exile was on the space ship that activated the mass shadow device.

Ah, you are right. I had forgotten about it.

Well, another idea came to mind about what to put, like the riddle or something. Since the place the Exile is at Malachor is a Sith Academy, at the moment, the idea that came to mind is this:

Perhaps some of the jedi that fought on Malachor, may have achieved the Force Ghost power and had lived on during the time that passed as ghosts, or something, on Malachor. Then, since it is a sith academy , they may have been captured in the sith thought prisons, or whatever its name is (i don't remember), the devices that the sith had to capture the spirits of dead jedi.

There, the Exile can have a puzzle to release these thought prisons (their shape comes to my mind like crystals). And then the Exile, after hearing their recollection at the time of Malachor's destruction (i think that will need some very good writing skills to recreate the feeling), can choose to either liberate them from their torment or use their power to his own advantage, depending on the alignment. Either way the Exile will earn some reward.

Obviously an act that is opposed to the alignment may as well give a penalty to the Exile, like making the alignment neutral, thus greatly increasing the cost of many force powers.

It will look better than simply having a couple of switches and ,when the Exile finds the correct sequence, be rewarded. Of course there could be leads spread out to sith assasins or master about what the correct sequence is, and if the exile fails at first attempt, it could gradually weaken the crystals thus lowering the rewards, so the Exile has to find the clues or knows, someway, the correct sequence.

Since it is a Sith academy, they may have been captured in the sith thought prisons - or whatever it's name is - the devices that the Sith had to capture the spirits of dead Jedi.

There, the Exile can have a puzzle to release these thought prisons (their shape comes to my mind like crystals). And then the Exile, after hearing their recollection at the time of Malachor's destruction (i think that will need some very good writing skills to recreate the feeling), can choose to either liberate them from their torment or use their power to his own advantage, depending on the alignment. Either way the Exile will earn some reward.

You're not talking about Thought Bombs, are you?

Guest S4crifice
You're not talking about Thought Bombs, are you?

That was what i had in mind though from the description in the link (thanks for that) that kind of idea is practically impossible to use in the game. So.. simply disregard the previous idea...

Thanks for the heads up Sith Holocron, ignorance (from my part) can be pretty exposing...

Idea for a plot hole I've noticed that always irked me. When Mira sorta just wakes up on Malachor. I know she stowed away on the Hawk, but did she fly from it after it crashed? That doesn't seem survivable for one, and two, she's like two miles away from the crash site.

Perhaps just show a short scene of Mira walking the surface of Malachor, having begun exploring after the crash, only to come face to face with some Sith Assassins or something? This could be a fight, or just a scene, and she would be knocked out. It even ties in with the plot, as the Sith students there likely know of Traya's plans, and that Hanharr is working with her. It's Hanharr's job to eliminate Mira, and perhaps the assassins know this, and leave her knocked out instead of killing her.

Then the scene pretty much plays out of her waking up after being knocked out, and continuing on with Hanharr following her.

The reason they could come in the first place could just be to investigate who it is, perhaps if it's The Exile, although they could probably sense if it were. Just saying, it always seemed awkward to me.

Also, I noticed something said to have been added in TSLRCM but was absent.

It says near the end of Malachor, Handmaiden/Visas ask if they can follow the Exile wherever he is going, but he says they cannot.

This particular bit could be added in the 'Party Rescue' scene to add a little more life to it instead of the party just running off after they're freed.

After the Exile says they cannot, you could just show Handmaiden/Visas nodding, or you know, not saying anything and it would work out.

No other ideas at the moment, except that I really wish the Party Vs. Kreia scene could be finished fully with Kreia's VO, instead of Atris', as I believe that is without a doubt one of the best scenes in the game, if only I could hear it through Kreia's voice, but such is life, and there are more important bits to worry about.

Will return if any more ideas arise.

I take you have to fight these Storm Beasts? The most straightforward thing I can come up with now is that the Storm Beasts break out of their cages (the cutscene) and start attacking everyone (you and the Sith). Though maybe that's too much like Onderon (at the Starport)...

Well it isn't necessary, we can have an option to use stealth to open the cages so the storm beasts escape and attack the Sith. There are a lot of options here..

Heh, if it's possible, I thought about having a short scene where these Sith are surprised to see you there, including a puzzled look on their face("Who are you?!?").

Lol, that's precisely what I wouldn't do, I would have them know who the Exile is.. =P

Could be fun, though I think you need some sort of VO for this? Maybe have a droid wander around this library (and no enemies) instead. Besides, I don't think there's any text in the gamefiles for something like this (I don't know), so it might be a large amount of dialogue you'd have to come up with.

Or copy-paste Wookieepedia... (;) of-course)

Yep, VO.. there will be VO for some NPCs in the academy, can't say how many though.. As for the dialog, I'm sure we'll get it together right somehow, if not we will seek out help, if it's really needed.

The only issue is that the Exile was on the space ship that activated the mass shadow device. But you could have the shot from above looking down at the planet as if you were on a ship looking over the battle field. This would be triggered seeing the images of the bodies on the surface of Malachor V. See the images then shows a short memory cutscene which is the over look scan of the planet's battle on the surface watching friends fall in battle while other live and then hear the voices of the dead...then silence and one voice of an NPC saying the order has been given to use the mass shadow device...the order is being sent by Revan. This NPC could be Bao -dur (know someone who can do his voice) or just a general NPC- Republic soldier/officer. This would all be done as an over look and camera shots. You don't need to see the Exile actually since it's through his/her eyes. Then end the shot to fade black with an explosion sound effect from the game combined with other sounds.....then silence and then back to the PC there standing with the images of the dead and then you could add dlg as if the player is talking to themselves.....where they can say it was worth it,...feel sorry for those who died-friends. Then the PC can be shaken out of the visions of the past and the pain of what he/she did.

Actually I wouldn't like to create this scene because everyone pictures this scene in their own way, I wouldn't want to define such an important event, so let's keep it arbitrary. =)

But hearing VO when walking around the surface, that works with me. =P

Well, another idea came to mind about what to put, like the riddle or something. Since the place the Exile is at Malachor is a Sith Academy, at the moment, the idea that came to mind is this:

I liked this I idea, I wish it were possible. Is there anything similar we could try?

Idea for a plot hole I've noticed that always irked me. When Mira sorta just wakes up on Malachor. I know she stowed away on the Hawk, but did she fly from it after it crashed? That doesn't seem survivable for one, and two, she's like two miles away from the crash site.

Yeah, it's hard to believe one would survive such a fall without a scratch.. still, I try to think that she rolled down the cliffs instead of falling directly onto the ground, which increases her chances at least. Anyways, personally I would like to keep it as it is, but it may be better to do something similar to what you're suggesting. We're getting back to that part at a later point, we'll decide what to do with Mira then.. What does everyone else think about this, though?

This particular bit could be added in the 'Party Rescue' scene to add a little more life to it instead of the party just running off after they're freed.

What makes you think we are doing the party rescue the same way the TSLRCM crew did it? =P

No other ideas at the moment, except that I really wish the Party Vs. Kreia scene could be finished fully with Kreia's VO, instead of Atris', as I believe that is without a doubt one of the best scenes in the game, if only I could hear it through Kreia's voice, but such is life, and there are more important bits to worry about.

We can't do that, but we have done much to improve that cutscene. It's definitely better than before. ;)

Any news with the project? What is the actual progress?

We're currently in 905 (we are working pretty much chronologically), and we're gathering ideas for 906, as you can see. =P

So people, post if you have any more ideas, but also if you have suggestions on how to improve ideas that have already been mentioned. That will help us to pick the right things, and the more people think about it, the more ideas there are, and the better the final product will be. =)

Guest DH-010

Well it isn't necessary, we can have an option to use stealth to open the cages so the storm beasts escape and attack the Sith. There are a lot of options here..

Yeah, with this I see three options;

- Run in and fight the Sith without thinking, leave the Storm Beasts in their cage.

- Fight the Sith and free the Storm Beasts to fight them afterwards, for some reason.

- Use Stealth to free the Storm Beasts to let them kill the Sith.

Maybe there's a way to have both of them (Sith and the Storm Beasts) killed, so you don't have to kill anyone. I don't know, Stealth-poison their water bowl? :)

Lol, that's precisely what I wouldn't do, I would have them know who the Exile is.. =P

Yeah I know. That was the first thing that came to me... :)

Yep, VO.. there will be VO for some NPCs in the academy, can't say how many though.. As for the dialog, I'm sure we'll get it together right somehow, if not we will seek out help, if it's really needed.

(..)

Okay.

I thought of something, maybe this library can be combined with the Ghost idea. There has to a ghost-model available though (like KOTOR1's Ajunta Pall), it could wander around the library.

Or not, anyway, this should be the only room without enemies though.

Also, before I make any more suggestions a question if I may...

During the academy, the Exile's companions enter before he does, correct? Obviously, as they attack Traya and whatnot before he even enters, but anyway, will there be any gameplay bits with just his companions? I saw a lot of talk earlier about his companions, and how you nurture them throughout the game, but they don't really get an ending they deserve like the Exile does.

Just curious, beyond the already added bits, such as the Atton/Sion, Mira/Hanharr, Party/Kreia ect., will there be any bits dedicated to the companions? Or is all of this pretty much just trails and such for the Exile?

Any news with the project? What is the actual progress?

I've made the mistake of guessing when it will be done before. For now, I will say that it's in progress. The end will come like a thief in the night.

Just curious, beyond the already added bits, such as the Atton/Sion, Mira/Hanharr, Party/Kreia ect., will there be any bits dedicated to the companions? Or is all of this pretty much just trails and such for the Exile?

Yes and no. The companions do have some extra stand-alone scenes, but they are only (as you say) bits. There isn't a big, secondary plot that involves the Exile's companions and the challenges they went through, but you do get to see tidbits of how they got to where they ended up (in prison).

When Mira sorta just wakes up on Malachor. I know she stowed away on the Hawk, but did she fly from it after it crashed? That doesn't seem survivable for one, and two, she's like two miles away from the crash site.

That's one thing we tried to solve early on. We held that she was thrown from the Ebon Hawk when it crash landed, but the details of how she got there are still a little iffy. For instance, there's a scene on the Ebon Hawk that she's in and she shouldn't be, because at that point she should have fallen out already.

It says near the end of Malachor, Handmaiden/Visas ask if they can follow the Exile wherever he is going, but he says they cannot.

After the Exile says they cannot, you could just show Handmaiden/Visas nodding, or you know, not saying anything and it would work out.

We already have something planned for the party's escape, and no it won't involve running away to safety. All I can say is that you'll have to wait and see.

As for the line recited by Visas/Handmaiden, it will play at the end of the game, where it is intended to play.... if Visas or Handmaiden are in your party at all.

To address other ideas...

As far as a librarian, Bead and I discussed an NPC that would discuss with you some of the lesser known facts of Malachor V. Nothing too fancy, just some elaboration on what the Trayus Academy was built for, a few comments on the history of Malachor, etc. This NPC will not attempt to lure the Exile to the dark side as it would be pointless this late in the game.

After a long discussion, Bead and I have decided to include a segment in the Proving Grounds where the Exile will face a currently unnamed enemy after some meditation.

Also, coming soon, we will give you a screenshot tour of the Trayus Proving Grounds.

Still trying to get a feel of things before I make new suggestions, so two more questions arise.

Uno, I've heard that the Handmaiden/Visas & Atton/Disciple scene and fight take place regardless of darkside or influence. But that might've just been a suggestion from someone a long time ago, can't remember. Should these scenes take place BEFORE the party confronts Kreia, how exactly would that work? One of them would be dead, I'd reckon, so they take place after right? But BEFORE the Exile Vs. Traya fight? I don't know, I'm a little confused.

Dos, I've heard tinker bits of Mandalore having a few scenes. Yet, he's the only one not present when the party attacks Kreia (Bao-Dur and the droids not withstanding) so where is he at the time? Will we know? A clip bit on a really old trailer you guys posted seemed to show a bit with Mandalore with Visas doing a whole "Let's finish this" deal, and then after that right inside the academy facing down a legion of Sith students. Does he stay behind to buy the others some time to go fight Traya? That's what it seemed like, but I guess you can't really divulge too much huh?

I'm trying to ask these questions so I sorta have an idea about how things will play out, so my suggestions wouldn't interfere with things you guys might already have planned.

Guest DH-010
(..)

To address other ideas...

As far as a librarian, Bead and I discussed an NPC that would discuss with you some of the lesser known facts of Malachor V. Nothing too fancy, just some elaboration on what the Trayus Academy was built for, a few comments on the history of Malachor, etc. This NPC will not attempt to lure the Exile to the dark side as it would be pointless this late in the game.

After a long discussion, Bead and I have decided to include a segment in the Proving Grounds where the Exile will face a currently unnamed enemy after some meditation.

Nice, that sounds perfect!

Because this library is in the Proving Grounds, I guess there is no way to get this information when you choose to go through the Crescent? Rescue the party - or get some useful information... Mmm, re-play value :)!

Also, coming soon, we will give you a screenshot tour of the Trayus Proving Grounds.

Even nicer! :)

Guest S4crifice
I liked this I idea, I wish it were possible. Is there anything similar we could try?

Well, i did a little research :)

What i came up (both research and idea) is this:

Since Malachor is a place of dark side Force we could assume that there is a Force Nexus on Malachor. Well, what remains of it anyway...

And the spirits of the dead jedi that fought there (both light side and the ones corrupted by Revan while fighting the mandalorians, etc, etc) could be trapped there in a valley of the jedi style thing, that could give them (the spirits) some corporeal form. That way the Exile can hear their story of what took place like right until they saw/felt the mass shadow generator activate, and their last feelings as they died. There the Exile could liberate them or... bask in their power,i don't know... and gain some rewards. I was thinking about enhancing the Exile's lightsaber by imbuing it with the Force that is there.

AND because Malachor is going to be destroyed, there will not be a single entry in the entire jedi history about a "valley of the jedi" thing being there, since the Exile will be the only jedi to ever find it.

On the bad side: I think we can certainly say that this is added content and not in continuity with what obsidian had originally planned. AND if there was a Force Nexus there, how come our not so friendly neighbourhood Force vampire (Nihilus) did not drain it from the beginning?

Other than that, i'm cool :)

Well maybe Nihilus got his power from the Force Nexus, and if he destroyed that...I'm not sure where the second half of that sentence is going. Ignore it if you want. Anyway, I like what's being said here.

I got to thinking, and wondered something. It doesn't really seem necessary, but will there be anything with T3 on Malachor? It seems everyone besides the little guy has some part to play.

It would make sense if he didn't, and stayed with the ship, which I suppose could be how it picked you up from the Trayus core, then again, your allies have been freed by then, so they could easily do the same thing.

Maybe there's a way to have both of them (Sith and the Storm Beasts) killed, so you don't have to kill anyone. I don't know, Stealth-poison their water bowl? smile.gif

Lol, we'll think of something. :)

One of them would be dead, I'd reckon, so they take place after right? But BEFORE the Exile Vs. Traya fight?

Exactly. And it will happen if influence(Visas or Disciple) > influence(Handmaiden or Atton).

Does [Mandalore] stay behind to buy the others some time to go fight Traya? That's what it seemed like, but I guess you can't really divulge too much huh?

Yep.

I'm trying to ask these questions so I sorta have an idea about how things will play out, so my suggestions wouldn't interfere with things you guys might already have planned.

That's okay, just keep the party members out of it, they have been taken care of already.

On the bad side: I think we can certainly say that this is added content and not in continuity with what obsidian had originally planned. AND if there was a Force Nexus there, how come our not so friendly neighbourhood Force vampire (Nihilus) did not drain it from the beginning?

Other than that, i'm cool biggrin.gif

Yeah, some big cons.. still it's a nice idea.

I got to thinking, and wondered something. It doesn't really seem necessary, but will there be anything with T3 on Malachor? It seems everyone besides the little guy has some part to play.

It would make sense if he didn't, and stayed with the ship, which I suppose could be how it picked you up from the Trayus core, then again, your allies have been freed by then, so they could easily do the same thing.

You will talk to him, but he'll stay with the ship, yes.

And here are the screenshots of the Proving Grounds:

https://sites.google.com/site/anendingmod/proving-grounds-tour

Last question about party members I swear, just because I was wondering how it would effect something else.

The fights between Atton/Disciple and Handmaiden/Visas, do you get to decide who dies/lives? Do you pick one of them to control for example?

And two, specifically for the Atton/Disciple fight, what happens if Atton loses here? I'm assuming this takes place before the fight with Sion? Or after? If it takes place before, then the Atton/Sion fight is pretty much not gonna happen, depending if Atton wins or loses.

I'm assuming it'll go like this, but...(Party Vs. Kreia Fight----> Atton Vs. Sion (Lives or Dies)

---> If loses, the no fight with Disciple.

---> If wins, Atton runs, then confronts Disciple.

----> If loses, no ending scene in core with Atton.

----> If wins, ending scene with Atton in core.

Still, wouldn't you think that'd be slightly out of place? Atton just finished murdering the poor sod and he's like "Hey Exile! Where we off to next?" Dunno seems a little odd, but still.

Lol, Pazaak, if I tell you everything how are you gonna have fun playing it? We have thought about everything you mentioned so it all works and doesn't seem weird. As for what exactly happens, you'll have to wait for the mod's release for that. =P

Sorry, sorry. I know, I don't really want anything spoiled myself, I'm just excited beyond belief for this mod.

I can tell from the screenies and from your updates and comments about this that you guys are very hard at work, and this will be a very awesome mod.

I'll cease asking questions about stuff and continue to make suggestions...once I think of any, that is. Until then, keep up the great work.

Sorry, sorry. I know, I don't really want anything spoiled myself, I'm just excited beyond belief for this mod.

I can tell from the screenies and from your updates and comments about this that you guys are very hard at work, and this will be a very awesome mod.

I'll cease asking questions about stuff and continue to make suggestions...once I think of any, that is. Until then, keep up the great work.

It's alright, we want people to be involved with and stay engaged with this mod. We may not always be working on it, but we do want you guys to know that we aren't just going to stop.

Questions are always nice, but Bead's right - we want to keep a lot of it vague so that when you do play it you have the feeling of playing a fresh ending. We will let you in on some general details of course, but we're at a spot right now where the scenes we're making are meant for surprises :).

Eventually, we'd like to get around to another trailer for you guys to watch, as we've made considerable progress since that last trailer.

Also, comments on the Proving Grounds Tour (or anything in general) are welcome.

Guest Zhaboka

The Sith Library is VERY cool. Overall, everything looks pretty good, a little sparse, but NPCs will help that immensely.

Guest DH-010
(..)

Also, comments on the Proving Grounds Tour (or anything in general) are welcome.

Well, it's definitely a big step up from the original, because the rooms are actually filled with something.

There are a lot of those pyramid/pillar things though and the round rooms look a little empty, but I'm sure you have some use for them.

I realize there aren't a lot of different things available to potentially put in these rooms...

Aside from that, the rooms that really matter are amazing. I'm talking about the Library, the Storm Beast Pen and the small bedrooms for the Sith apprentices and to a lesser degree the training rooms and the meditation chamber.

The bedrooms look they're used and Library shelves are very fitting. My favorite room is the Storm Beast Pen (from these pictures anyway), the use of the Peragus forcefields for the cages is perfect! I can definitely see some beasts wreaking havoc here!

All in all, very, very nice :)!