VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

If the Exile leaves the party for what they are, one of the two rivals will always be in his/her cell indefinitely, so the only way there even could be a fight in this case is if the other somehow also enters the cell and therefore the fight could only happen inside this cell...

Or, since Atton/Handmaiden joined Kreia when she went to Trayus Academy, we can assume that Kreia at least enabled Atton/Handmaiden to prepare and train for the final confrontation against Visas/Disciple. It wouldn't be a stretch if we assumed that the Sith at Trayus Academy were informed of Atton/Handmaiden's presence and purpose in being at Trayus. All they'd have to do is walk up to the prison door and open it, then queue the conversation.

Guest Crazzyy

What if Mira releases the prisoners, when the Exile takes the path of revenge?

We have been toying with this idea, but with Atton saving them instead (Mira is in the cell at that point, while Atton isn't). We later decided against it in favor of a different scenario. Though I wouldn't say this is definite yet..

Alright guys, we've made a short teaser for ya.. enjoy..

[video=youtube;HXrrquqVnBM]

And who knows, there may be more coming soon.. =P

Oh, and you should probably read 'sadistic' instead of 'masochistic' =P

Edited by bead-v

Love the song! This vid teases-us allright, it is going to be nice indeed to see the polished product!

errr....the dialog is funny, but doesnt really fit in with the game....lol, "Take it bitches" thats funny ;)

The dialog is a placeholder only. We're going to be very careful about any dialog we add to the game. We don't want it to sound lame, but at the same time we don't want it to sound overdone.

Guest DH-010

lol.

Well at least (:D) you put the cutscene in the correct room!

Is this going to work with the vanilla? Or.... you can't run it without TSLRCM....?

It's going to be compatible with the vanilla game, but if you have TSLRCM installed, it will override that section of the game.

It's going to be compatible with the vanilla game

We do have one problem here though: the cutscenes of atton/handmaiden leaving with kreia aren't in vanilla and are needed for Malachor VI to make sense.. I guess we'll think of a solution for this..

We do have one problem here though: the cutscenes of atton/handmaiden leaving with kreia aren't in vanilla and are needed for Malachor VI to make sense.. I guess we'll think of a solution for this..

Hmmm, that is correct. I guess they just won't happen if you install it in the vanilla game :D

Meh. Why would you want to play vanilla...? It seems The Sith Lords cannot live without-it anymore to me...

Guest S4crifice

I don't mean to be pushing or anything, but how is the status bar going? I'd love to see the 45% turn into a 55%, just for the feeling of progress being made :D

I don't mean to be pushing or anything, but how is the status bar going? I'd love to see the 45% turn into a 55%, just for the feeling of progress being made :D

45% was just a number I chose. It basically means we're about halfway done, but still have a ways to go until we see the end of the tunnel.

Guest S4crifice
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet

45% was just a number I chose. It basically means we're about halfway done, but still have a ways to go until we see the end of the tunnel.

Ah, well, thanks for the clarification....no pressure for progress (wait, i lied, just a tiny bit of pressure:D). Well then, keep on rollin'...:D

i sense a great future for KOTOR2!! Right now it's on it's way to perfection. Good Luck for all the modders!! You are all great people for sharing your work with us without expecting something in return. It takes a remarkable person to do that. And Thank You!!!

Sorry to barge into the discussion on how the "free party members or get revenge" thing should resolve, but, i do not understand how noone mentioned this SIMPLE solution:

Of course, "weaken" should mean LSP and "revenge" should mean DSP!

* This way, if you free your party members, and you're light sided, you get... nothing, since you did what you should have as a Jedi, and Kreia would see this (getting nothing) as a weakness.

* Same way, if you are dark, and you get revenge, you get... nothing, since revenge never statisfies one's thirst, since a fallen sith only hungers for more, more, until his darkness destroys herself, yet for Kreia, this is good, since thats what she wants you to be.

* If you are dark, and you save your party members, you take an LSP hit and loose your mastery (there is no way to regain it, since you dont have alot DSP left in the game), yet your party members might comment on your changes, especially Atton/Baodur who always seemed to try to steer you back from the dark path.

Yet this is indeed a "weakness" to you, since you lost your mastery.

* If you are light, and you take revenge, you take a DSP hit, and loose your mastery, and this very well fits into "falling to the dark side" since you might not be noticing it yet, but you have stranded from your devotion to light (especially since light is usually taken for melee classes, since its providing buffs, so you are most likely playing weaponmaster, and at the end you have so many +hit so lossing 3 str mastery will mean nothing)

I hope my english is not as cryptic as Jedi speech.

But what i mean is that LSP/DSP core KOTOR system fits this kind of dillema (how to handle save/betray situation and weakness that one should give) PERFECTLY!

By the way, "having the content" seems to be the restriction of alot of content restoring, but for example, for Hanharr, it should be possible to restore him throwing you to the ship, sacrificing itself, since the game should contain enough wookie sounds to do that?

I do hope that you will make a mod compatible with TSLRCM because it would be very bad if we would have to choose two half-restored games instead of one whole...

It will be compatible with TSLRCM, yes.

Actually, there aren't any animations of Hanharr throwing the Exile onto the Ebon Hawk, for instance. But you are right - since his lines are wookiee noises, we can easily write in dialog for him. But we can't do anything too extreme with modules, which in this case is what we'd have to do.

It will be compatible with TSLRCM, yes.

Actually, there aren't any animations of Hanharr throwing the Exile onto the Ebon Hawk, for instance. But you are right - since his lines are wookiee noises, we can easily write in dialog for him. But we can't do anything too extreme with modules, which in this case is what we'd have to do.

But there is a mod like "adds animations to Nihilus so you can use his model as player character"? I mean, there would be no problem to add an animation, i presume? If there is no animation in the game that looks like it, is it possible to add an animation to the game? I suppose (since nihilus had animations "added") that game uses bones to animate anything, and then character model is just "tied" to those bones.

That leaves us with the need to make a scene, however, scene of exploding malachor, where this hanharr sacrifice would fit... And "throwing" the Exile, which is also something i never saw in the game (most scenes have people just move around, and play animations like die, kneel, attack...) I dont know how this would be done...

Guest Bob Ta'aar

Now, although I personally don't understand anything about modelling and animation, I think it's quiet a bit more complicated than that.

For Nihilus they just needed animations that already existed for countless other models, not such a big deal as build new ones from scrach (which I can imagine to be pretty difficult).

Maybe the animations from Nar Shaddaa, where Hanharr threatens to throw Mira down the pit could be used somehow, but still ...

It would be definitely really neat to see such a scene restored. But Let's not demotivate our great modders by asking the impossible :D!

Of course, anything restored is better than nothing!

I mean, current TSLRCM state of Malachor is better than what was in original, but still lacking. I dont think Hanharr scene is very needed one, but it would add another piece into the completion of the ending.

I still think ship briefing, explaining why we go alone, and different character vs scenes as well as explained "save or revenge" moment is what will breathe the most into the game's ending.