I have an issue with a black screen that occurs every time I am loading a game, changing a graphics option, when a movie is about to play, and some other things. What happens is, when it is loading a game, it transitions to black AND stays black, while everything has loaded, yet the screen is black. The way I can fix this after it has happend is by pressing the "Windows" button on my keyboard, and going back onto the game from there.

If anyone knows what I can do, please help! :)

• Like 1

I had this issue, now this may sound strange, what is your GPU and OS?

I don't know what that means?

Thats your graphics card (GPU) and operation system (OS).

Quick Google search told me that you could try and disable "Frame Buffer Effects". That has helped some people and I think I remember something about disabling soft shadows to fix crash issues. It might work, but I'm really not sure if I haven't mixed up something in that regard.

Frame Buffer effects is the problem, but the usual case is dealing actually with an operating system issue, mine was Win 7, and when I updated to Win 8, the buffer effects worked perfectly.

I have windows 7, but I don't know how to find my graphics card. I will try frame buffer effects and edit this post to say whether it has worked! :D

Edit: Okay so disabling it fixed it, but, I like the effects that frame buffer effects gives the game. Is there a way I can still have those effects, with it off? Or to stop the issue and have it on?

• Like 1

It does it without mods, although i do not use mods for either games (apart for TSLRCM and M4-78EP with TSL)

Perhaps is has something to do with the mods you have installed? I am not so sure though. Also HUGE fan ninko

Have you done any major updates to your computer or installed any computer altering software lately?

No, it has done it since getting this computer :)

I have windows 7, but I don't know how to find my graphics card. I will try frame buffer effects and edit this post to say whether it has worked! :D

Edit: Okay so disabling it fixed it, but, I like the effects that frame buffer effects gives the game. Is there a way I can still have those effects, with it off? Or to stop the issue and have it on?

Wait, there's a visual difference between having frame buffer effects and not having them???

I've never seen that^^

Wait, there's a visual difference between having frame buffer effects and not having them???

I've never seen that^^

Yes there is! On my old laptop, it had a rather bad graphics card, which meant I could not use frame buffer effects, this made shields look horrible and you could barely see them, and other things! It is much better with them on!

Hmmm, do you still own your other computer? If you do replace your old computers graphics card and use your new ones instead. I am not quite sure, i really have no clue.

That still wouldnt do anything! :P

I've never seen that^^

Without Frame Buffer, the holograms appear as if they are really there, IE Corta on Peragus looks like an actual human instead of a camera recording. 

Ninko, I think the OS is really the issue (For whatever reason). Wouldn't hurt to try and get a copy of Win 8, as long as you have a backup of Win 7 in case that is not the problem.

Without Frame Buffer, the holograms appear as if they are really there, IE Corta on Peragus looks like an actual human instead of a camera recording. 

Seems like I mixed up "Frame Buffer" and "Vertex Buffer". And the possible solution I wanted to post was to disable VERTEX buffer xD Sorry about that.

But atleast I feel less stupid now that they're different things... or are they? And if not, do you know what vertex buffer enables?

They are different.

I have no idea what the vertex buffer does, except making Dantooine and smoke laggy. So I generally have it disabled as default.