Yellow->Orange I vote for #2! Looks almost like flame - if there was a brief second of Red in there it would look pretty cool too

What about an amethyst color change - a flicker between pink->white->purple? Maybe throw some blue-ish in there somewhere...?

Also - is there any way to increase the flicker/color-change speed? It would look really cool if the alternate color(s) were more of a part of the "flicker" effect than the color of the blade itself

So, you can't make a lightsaber flicker like, say how the X on this mod I amde flickers/gets darker and then lighter. The lightsabers don't work in the same way sadly:

Okay, here's the amethyst lightsaber, there's two choices, and of course the video is going to degrade the quality of what they actually look like in game so keep that in mind!

Okay, here's the amethyst lightsaber, there's two choices, and of course the video is going to degrade the quality of what they actually look like in game so keep that in mind!

Oh man...That looks fantastic! #2 for sure - it's exactly what I was seeing in my head.

I've been trying to envision the color since Anakin Solo's lightsaber blade color was described in the New Jedi Order books. It looks great, Rece - I can't WAIT to get it into my override folder... 

:thumbsup:

Alright guys, I'm back with a couple of new saber ideas. Again, these are all just tests, so there's no guarantee that they'll be final, or even be apart of my mod. But I think I made a couple of good ones :D

Again, if you guys have ideas for any, just tell me and I'll gladly try to make them :D

rNrxoul.png

6GVBID3.png

DyewHI9.png

Those are looking fantastice rece! Keep up the amazing work! :D

And I'm so proud to announce that I have finally put a custom model into the game. Had to do some (easy now) hex editing, along with uti editing and other things. but here's my first truly custom lightsaber that will be apart of my mod, oh and did I mention that it's upgradeable too?

And I'm so proud to announce that I have finally put a custom model into the game. Had to do some (easy now) hex editing, along with uti editing and other things. but here's my first truly custom lightsaber that will be apart of my mod, oh and did I mention that it's upgradeable too?

You did an absolutely amazing job on that rece!!! When can I download it? ;) :D

Bah, I've got about 20 more sabers left to make the models for xD

Well hopefully it isn't tooooo long, I will definitely use your mod! :D

Amazing, it makes it feel like their are more crystals in the Star Wars Universe than just the original set. This as earned a permanent place in my override. :) 

Amazing, it makes it feel like their are more crystals in the Star Wars Universe than just the original set. This as earned a permanent place in my override. :)

Haha thanks! I worked till late last night on making some more of the light sabers. I will definitely have more updates later today :)

Hey guys! Pretty big update here for me on my Lightsaber mod. After spending all day and night creating the custom models for some of them, I now have eight fully functional and upgradeable lightsaber models/crystals. Now these ones that I have here are, (plainish????) But they took a long time to create. Hope you enjoy them!

The eight that I have here are:

Alizarin Red:

AF1NxPw.png

Alloy Orange:

uN3glHU.png

Brandeis Blue:

rhXbZUi.png

Burning White:

gSZ6W1f.png

Cadmium Yellow:

CMq0pY4.png

Dartmouth Green:

xG6ubaT.png

Fuchsia Pink:

jahDbki.png

Sapphire Blue:

6x9RCN0.png

More updates coming soon!

I am loving these rece! And the custom models are amazing!! :) Keep up the amazing work man, keen to see the rest of them when they are done. :D

Hey guys, back with another update on the saber mod :) THis time, the sabers are a bit more exotic. Each saber has a different colored core and and outer glow. Again, these are a bit wacky, but I hope you guys enjoy them!

Arcanum: Red/Green

N7m18kU.jpg

Catalyst: Pink/Blue

0Aoybkl.jpg

Ichor: Purple/Blue

kpoP0BB.jpg

Kairos: Blue/Red

xkYJegF.jpg

Lovat: Green/Yellow

sAVZy0a.jpg

Paragon: Orange/Blue

jYYWYUq.jpg

This next one was named by one of my friends who is a girl who has absolutely no clue what I;m doing. I told her that I'm a Star Wars nerd and what-not, showed her a pic the lightsaber and let her choose a name for it. She said that she sucks at naming things, but I do like the name though

Red Lightning: Green/Red

9LzsvSi.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed them! This mod will be out soon, so keep your eyes peeled for more updates!

• Like 1

These crystals are awesome. I like how you named some of them! Can't wait to see more of them.

Alright guys, I've finally finished all of my planned lightsabers. There's a lot. So yeah, anyways all that's really left is for me to place them into the game. So I'm going to have to start working on placeables... Yay... But, just for all of you looking forward to the mod, here's an image of the upcrystals.2da to show off all of the crystals/lightsabers :D

Btw, yes I realize I misspelled Dartmouth GREEN. I put greeen by accident.

The sabers start with my Burning white, and go all the way down the list :)

8EKxdNO.png

Man those look intense...like equal-opportunity crystals (between Dark Side and Light Side, I mean...  :w00t: )

I just had an idea - what about naming some of the crystals after real gemstones? Not all of them, gotta have your mark on them too, but I always thought it was kind of cool how sticking a ruby, diamond, sapphire would change the color of the saber blade, and with your multicolored blades I think this would work perfectly.

This is a link to a gemstone chart that just gives a visual to what I mean

http://www.ajsgem.com/articles/gemstone-color-chart.html

and the star wars wiki...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystal

We can PM if you'd like. Either way, they look awesome!!!

Man those look intense...like equal-opportunity crystals (between Dark Side and Light Side, I mean...  :w00t: )

I just had an idea - what about naming some of the crystals after real gemstones? Not all of them, gotta have your mark on them too, but I always thought it was kind of cool how sticking a ruby, diamond, sapphire would change the color of the saber blade, and with your multicolored blades I think this would work perfectly.

This is a link to a gemstone chart that just gives a visual to what I mean

http://www.ajsgem.com/articles/gemstone-color-chart.html

and the star wars wiki...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystal

We can PM if you'd like. Either way, they look awesome!!!

I'll be sure to look into it :) as for everyone, I'm currently doing place ambles. What are your opinions that I should have in them? My current idea is a single lightsaber (could be any one of the three variations, I.e. Short, normal, or double) including a crystal in case you want it in another lightsaber too, or should I just include all 3 variations and a crystal in the placeable?

I'll be sure to look into it :D as for everyone, I'm currently doing place ambles. What are your opinions that I should have in them? My current idea is a single lightsaber (could be any one of the three variations, I.e. Short, normal, or double) including a crystal in case you want it in another lightsaber too, or should I just include all 3 variations and a crystal in the placeable?

I think it depends on how they are given - is it random throughout the game, or are they going to be in specific places, like finding 1 on Taris and another on Tatooine? 

Man... I'm excited to get these into my override  :w00t:

I think it depends on how they are given - is it random throughout the game, or are they going to be in specific places, like finding 1 on Taris and another on Tatooine? 

Man... I'm excited to get these into my override  :w00t:

I'm creating my own placeables and placing them randomly throughout all of the worlds (except for Taris)

Alright guys, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. So, I'm busy adding new power crystals and I've run into a problem. I can only add in 7 new crystals. Or, I could replace the existing crystals and add in 20 new crystals (the original number that I wanted). Or, I could keep all the crystals and the new ones, but when placed into a lightsaber, it'd spawn a vanilla crystal as well, making the lightsaber really over powered. (This isn't fixable) So, what do you guys think? I could post all the crystals here (Their names, descriptions, and stats) to see which choice would be best for you, the fans/downloaders.

Anyways, here's one of the twenty crystals that I was working on:

fuXLV56.png

EDIT: I HAVE CREATED A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM, IT WAS PAIN STAKING, BUT IT WORKS! This mod can now efficiently continue production :D

Alright, so I've completed all 20 crystals, but 4 of them are going to have to replace 4 vanilla crystals. I've already chosen which 4 vanilla crystals will be replaced: Bondar, Rubat, Sigil, and Damind

Here are all of my crystals that I've created. 7 of them are real crystals in the Star Wars Universe, while the other 13 are made up. Give me an easy time on the ones that are made up, they're tough for me to do...

Some of these are overpowered though :D

Bass’ Wisdom

Cold +2

Wisdom +1

Baas' Wisdom was a uncommon crystal seldom used in lightsaber construction. The crystal imparted a freezing effect when used during combat, inflicting a minor amount of frostbite.

Vexxtal

On Hit Poison, DC 10 Average Damage

Dark Side only

Little is known about Vexxtal Crystals or their origins. They are generally only found in the lightsabers of dark side of the Force users. A corrupting aura is left on those wounded by lightsabers with this crystal.

Katak

Damage Dark Side +1

Regen +1

Dark Side only

They were generally only found in the lightsabers of dark side Force users. Users of this lightsaber crystal managed to drain some of the life force of those within close vicinity. This would not be enough to instantly fatigue the victim, however; prolonged exposure would prove to be fatal.

Incineration

Damage Fire 1d6

On Hit Fear, DC 10 25% 2 Rounds

The crystal was a compressed energy crystal. If a lightsaber with a incineration crystal touched an opponent, they would burst into flames and be damaged.

Corrosion

Damage Universal 2d6

Enhancement +1

The crystal had a red hue, and was a compressed energy crystal. If a lightsaber with a corrosion crystal touched an opponent, they would corrode.

Dawn of Dagobah

Damage Acid +2

On Hit Poison, DC 14 Average Weakness

Dawn of Dagobah was a namesake of crystal seldomly used in lightsaber construction. The crystal imparts an acidic effect when used during combat, inflicting a minor amount of poisoning.

Meditation Crystal

Regen Force +3

Damage Resist Energy -15

Meditation crystals were naturally-occurring rocks that assisted in inducing meditation. Growing naturally on the Deep Core world, Tython, slivers of a meditation crystal could be placed inside the hilt of a lightsaber to produce a coherent beam of energy, as well as assist the wielder to stay in closer connection to the Force during combat. This enhanced connection allowed the user to retain energy while fighting rather than losing it.

Stygma

Bolt Deflect +2

Damage Resist Ion -10

These crystals were made by accident by combining ion and Dragite crystals, forming a newly made crystal. While these crystals are mostly used for jewelry, they can also be used for lightsabers. They've been known for being able to deflect blaster fire well, as well as having a strong resistance to ion.

Impact Gemstone

Damage Electrical +2

Damage vs. Droid Electrical 1d4

These crystals are rare to come upon. Only found in the Adega system, they are powerful producers of electricity. When in combination with a lightsaber, these crystals prove to be deadly to all those who oppose. They also tend to wreak havoc on driods systems due to the electrical surge.

Grogan

Stealth +3

Stealth Nullifier

Produced by a secretive species known as the Bothan, this crystal tends to grant the user a boost in their stealth abilities. The crystal seems to be infused somehow with the stealth of the Bothans.

Llore

Damage Resist Dark Side -20

Damage Vuln Electrical 25% 3 Rounds

Light Side only

A typical lightsaber focusing crystal used by the Jedi, this crystal has a resistance to the dark side energy present during combat. While being highly resistant to the Dark Side, this crystal lacks in resistance to electricity.

Hackmanite

Massive Criticals 1d8

One of the strongest substances in the galaxy, hackmanite is powerful, and difficult to use in lightsabers. These crystals tend to be found in the Hackman system, a mining colony in the Outer Rim. These crystals are said to be among the most powerful when constructed with a lightsaber.

Pravis

Damage Energy 1d6

Damage vs. Dark Side (Light Side) +1

Light side only

First discovered in the Pravis system, this crystal is said to be one of the Light Side. This crystal produces a fair amount of energy, and is released as a more powerful, focused energy strike. This crystal would make a great focusing crystal in a lightsaber.

Krevixx

Strength +1

Dexterity +2

Regen +4

Damage Penalty -3

One of the most potent crystals to be used in a lightsaber, this crystal possesses some of the most powerful healing known to the galaxy. Be weary though, this crystal does have several downsides to a users defense.

Anatase

Keen

Mighty +1

Strength +1

This crystal is said to make a lightsaber keen, nimble, and mighty while still granting the user a strength bonus. This crystal would go well in a lightsaber.

Ajoite

Damage Fire 2d6

A crystal contructed by the species known as Sullustians on the planet Sullust. This crystal inflicts intense amounts of burning sensations throughout whoever is hit by the blade. One would not want to battle someone weilding a lightsaber with this crystal.

Diopside

Damage Sonic +2

Damage vs. Droid Sonic +2

Dark Side only

Constructed from the Dark Side, this crystal possesses untold amounts of sonic damage. Constructed to fight against the droids of the republic, this crystal is deadly when it comes to a battle between droids.

Kyanite

Attack +3

Said to improve a user's attack strength, this crystal is a powerful one at that. While it doesn't do much else, it's still a great contender.

Phenakite

Regen Force +4

Awareness +2

Constructed to be for one powerful with the force, this crystal keeps a user fully functional with the use of their force powers, as well as fully aware of their surroundings. A very rare crystal to behold indeed.

Citrine

Enhance +2

On Hit Stun DC 18 50% 2 Rounds

Massive Criticals +1d4

Attack Penalty -1

Made to be one of the most feared crystals to be in a users lightsaber, this crystal is not one to be messed with.

• Like 1

Hey guys! Back with a little update. So, now that I am awaiting the release of K1R to release my mega lightsaber pack (40 lightsaber crystals, pretty intense right? Just like camping, that's in tents too!) Anyways, here's four images of some of the crystals.

cnEcGvP.png

4mtGiVr.png

DQUTG4W.png

eaGqYo5.png

And while I have the time after testing all 1,800 saber and crystal combinations (just for my saber mod, not including the vanilla crystals) I can work on some new mods. This one is a part of the elemental Robes/Armors mod that I'm doing.

This robe is the Sullustan Robe. If you don't know about Sullust, it has a lot of volcanoes. Anyways, should I make this go faster or slower???? (I think slower)

That robe will be interesting to see slow.. I vote slower or the same.

Great to see the crystals all in-game, as well. :)