forgetcanon

Ebon Hawk Lighting

Are there any mods that alter the lighting in the Ebon Hawk? As is, it's incredibly dark and any gifs or screenshots I take on the ship have to go through Photoshop Hell. There's the brightness cheat, but it doesn't look natural and doesn't even make things bright enough, half the time.

Any help would be appreciated. (How would someone even go about altering the lighting?)

My suggestion/idea, lighten all of its lightmaps. Pretty sure that's what controls it. Anyone with more module experience can correct me if they like, as this solution can be a tedious process.

Are there any mods that alter the lighting in the Ebon Hawk? As is, it's incredibly dark and any gifs or screenshots I take on the ship have to go through Photoshop Hell. There's the brightness cheat, but it doesn't look natural and doesn't even make things bright enough, half the time.

Any help would be appreciated. (How would someone even go about altering the lighting?)

Maybe ask Canderis how he altered lightmaps for his darker Peragus mod?

In KotOR Tool, in the TSL section there is a file called lightmaps.bif. Extract the .tpc as .tga files and modify the lighting/hue of the image file then place it in your override.

• Like 1

I used a batch file editor (like adobe bridge) to darken all of peragus's lightmaps. Extracting took the longest. Also played with the contrast to keep the light light

This tool may also be helpful if you need to convert multiple .tpc files into .tga files simultaneously.

Actually, I've tried to use that many times, since KotorTools doesn't work on my computer. (Well, it works. It just doesn't find the path to the game.)

If I try to run TGA2TPC through Wine, nothing happens. If I try to run it with VMware, I get a black box and nothing happens.

If anyone has any tips to fix either problem I'd appreciate it a lot. Running to my friends and asking them "hey can you export all the (black female heads / g_a_clothes / lightmap for the ebon hawk) for me" is getting kind of old.

(Should I start a new thread for this?)

I don't have a Mac/Linux computer, so I can't really help you there, so you may want to start a new thread. I can however PM the lightmaps of the areas you want.

You can get a PC for 400 bucks these days, and they should be more than sufficient to run TSL... should make-it that much easier to mod, and then import the thing back to your mac/linux.

Edited by MrPhil