forgetcanon

Altering Revan in Korriban Caves

So I've been trying to alter Revan's appearance on Korriban in TSL. (Revan lives at line 22 in appearance.2da.)

If I set Revan to any "male" models (such as Carth), Revan appears without a problem with whatever model I set.

If I set Revan to any "female" models (such as Bastila), Revan appears without a head.

This is pretty annoying, because I'm trying to make Revan appear female. (Specifically, a modified Luxa head that looks like PFHA01 from K1 and Traya robes, though I may change the clothes.)

Any tips? I don't know where to start to fix this.

tumblr_nhuuquvUWA1qlmjy5o1_500.png

tumblr_nhuu5jBjP21qlmjy5o1_500.png

Revan model is a full-body one, noted by F in the appearance.2da entry. Switch that to B and give him a proper head number from heads.2da and you should have some results.

That said, I find the above method obnoxious myself. It's far easier to just pull Revan's .utc files from the module and make adjustments to them.

Revan model is a full-body one, noted by F in the appearance.2da entry. Switch that to B and give him a proper head number from heads.2da and you should have some results.

That said, I find the above method obnoxious myself. It's far easier to just pull Revan's .utc files from the module and make adjustments to them.

First and foremost, I hope to not start a war over this or to lose any respect I've managed to gain here, but please read the following in the mindset of "suggestive criticism" rather than "critical reprimand":

I'm sorry Kainzorus, but please bear in mind that forgetcanon has only made two posts, with the first one being to thank me for a link to modding tools since SWK was down at the time.

That being said, unless they're a long-time lurker or are active on LucasForums, they probably don't know too much about modding the game.

Given the most-likely lack of experience, it's no wonder forgetcanon would look to the foundation of the character to make changes to the character. I don't know if they know about the .utc files, so they will most likely appreciate someone explaining the files and how to find them.

Again, I don't mean to start a war, and I don't want to offend you, so if I do then I apologize.

@forgetcanon:

While I do not know why you'd have issues between the male and female versions of the models, I do know that what Kainzorus Prime said would be the easiest way to enable your changes.

The .utc file is what I consider the Universal Template for Creatures and is where a character's data is stored for the game to use. When you open .utc in KotOR Tool, you can edit their Inventory with a button at the bottom. This also allows you to change their equipment.

So, what you can do for Revan is to make a disguise item like the Sith Armor from K1 and equip it to Revan's chest slot in KotOR Tool.

To find Revan's .utc file, it depends on whether you have TSLRCM installed.

If yes, go to KotOR2->ERFs->Modules->711KOR.mod->R->revan_fake.utc

If no,   go to KotOR2->RIMs->Modules->711KOR.mod->Blueprints, Creatures->revan_fake.utc

And if you need help making the disguise item, people are willing to help if you ask.

Don't read Kain's post as attacking, maybe just me.

Aaaaanyway, I personally would never *ever* use KotorTOOL to modify inventories of characters, since it has the nasty side-effect of making all items droppable (with no way to change that in KOTORTool itself), including stuff the player should never get.

My opinion the best method for this is;

* Find the mentioned .utc file, use KOTORTool to find a proper appearance you want, save that as some other file.

* Open the other file with K-GFF, note the appearance number.

* Apply said number to the original revan_fake using K-GFF and save it.

* Drop in override/place in 711KOR

So.. These steps seem to need either screens or a further description for context. Is there a tutorial for this specific process that people uninitiated with this could refer to?

Also as a sort of "double whammy" question, are there plans to "beef up" the DS tutorial section either with links to the LF tutorials, or one of our own?

Additionally, we started a wiki a while back, would it be preferred to use that? [\Spoiler]

Thank you all so much for the help! I ended up editing the line in appearance.2da, and my problem was the F/B issue. I still don't know why the Carth head worked before while the Bastila one didn't, but it all seems to be working now, so... One of life's mysteries.

tumblr_ni528lZ9pD1qlmjy5o2_1280.png

tumblr_ni528lZ9pD1qlmjy5o1_1280.png

Again, thank you all so much for the advice.