therevan789

Changing textures

Some people have been working with gmax, which is free, but I'm not sure you can do anything for kotor with-it...

personally i use 3ds max with photoshop cc, I export the models to Obj in max, and then skin them in ps, so i can paint directly and see changes as they go.

Yep, quite easier to reskin that way! I can't be bothered to buy 3ds max, though, so I rely on people that have-it to get the UVWmaps.

Some people have been working with gmax, which is free, but I'm not sure you can do anything for kotor with-it..

You can use gMax for KotOR/TSL modding, trust me on that ;) Some of my models were made with it.

It may have some glitches, but most of them can be avoided.

• Like 1

All of my early mods were done on gMax. Then I took a night class (at my local technical college) so that I could buy 3DS Max 2011 student version (I actually bought the full creative suite, which included Maya). It works much better than gMax, and has all the regular functionality of retail 3DS, but at a huge discount.

I also bought my Photoshop (as part of Adobe Creative Suite 5) as a student version. That time I took a water painting night class at a different local university. A few years earlier, I bought CS3 for Mac that way too. Again, the student versions have all the functionality of retail, they just ask that if you start making money with the software, that you upgrade to a full license.

Sooner or later, I'll have to take another night class so that I can upgrade all my software :D