Sign in to follow this  
Jake-Kast

Language of cut dialogs.

First of all good morning to all of you, and sorry for my bad english, I'm italian.

My question is "the cut dialogs that you have restored are translate in other languages or are in english ? And if the dialogs are only in english will be there a translation in other languages ?".

Thanks for any response.

Dialogs will be in whatever language you choose during installation. Italian is one of options.

I've never played Kotor in another language besides English. I suppose the subtitles are just translated, there aren't actually Italian voice overs, for instance, are there?

If game was translated along with voice overs, then VOs will be in "proper" language as well.

That of course exclude Kaevee, who's VOs weren't in vanilla game, and some other moments were VOs were edited in some way.

Thanks for your answers, i don't talk about VOs ,of course there aren't any VOs in italian for kotor 2, but i talk about the subtitles of the cut dialog restored. However, all doubt are cleared, thanks again. :D

All the textual data of Kotor 2 are in a single file, at the root directory of Kotor 2 : dialog.tlk

You can easily edit this file using a .tlk editor (TalkEd V 1.0.4b by stoffe A TLK editor capable of modifying, adding and searching entries in dialog.tlk. It can also merge two .tlk files. )

Download it from

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

Also use DLG/UTI/UTC/MOD Language Converter 1.1

by tk102 Converts language identifiers for localized strings in .dlg, .uti, .utc, .mod files

It is not a “translator”. It is just a question of positioning a variable in thousands of files.

Same download page

You can download the english dialog.tlk file

by Obsidian Contains all the strings used in the game

and always compare what is written in a localized language with the original intentions of Obsidan.

Same download page

and always compare what is written in a localized language with the original intentions of Obsidan.

Except a very large amount of VO/ST mismatches sneaked in, so it's not like it's always 100% accurate. I suppose using ours is far more reliable for that purpose.