alinadem

NFX - FX Texture Overhaul for TSL

So what is it?

NFX - FX Texture Overhaul for TSL is my texture overhaul of all the effects in Kotor 2. This applies to effects such as muzzle flashes, lens flares, snowflakes, fire/smoke fx, explosions, etc. I will continue to update this thread with my progress with the project and identifying textures. Below is an example of a high resolution remade muzzle as well as flares. The result is reduced blur, improved detail. I am kinda cheesed that there were only a couple people who took a hit at the FX textures, and they were simply upscaled. Therefore I would like to finish this re-make of all the FX! The goal is to keep the vanilla feel, without modifying too many tones or colors, unless necessary. 

If you would like to collaborate or help out, please add me on skype - alinademelectro

Screenshots below (bare in mind when I uploaded these I forgot about the alpha channels, future updates will look better, all alpha channels will be re-done)

Muz_Flash.jpg

Flare.jpg

hype.jpg

Also, anybody willing to shed some light on the description of the textures from FX and what they do in-game would be great, since the naming is strange, I would gladly appreciate it! Textures I have extracted the originals using KotorTool, under swpc_tex_tpa.erf "F"

It's a bit tough because there's a lot of trial and error for me to discover which exact texture I'm editing in-game.

Anyways, it's still very early but I wanted to let you guys know what I'm working on! Cheers!

Project Updates 

10/29/14 - Creating 2 versions, UltraHD (1K/2K textures), and a standard HD (1K/512) - No ETA thus far

Identified Textures In-Game ~50%

Untitled_1.jpg

post-9862-0-87164000-1414394509_thumb.jpg

post-9862-0-68786400-1414394515_thumb.jpg

Edited by alinadem

Hey! I did more than just "upscale" my muzzleflash textures.. *grumble..

Seriously though, I wish more people focused on the finer details such as all of the effects.

Incidentally, were you going to work on the explosion cloud/ smoke as well? I'm certain some plugins will produce great results with them.

• Like 1

Hey! I did more than just "upscale" my muzzleflash textures.. *grumble..

Seriously though, I wish more people focused on the finer details such as all of the effects.

Incidentally, were you going to work on the explosion cloud/ smoke as well? I'm certain some plugins will produce great results with them.

Yes, I have been working on fireball explosion clouds, currently working on the fireball fx done by droid flamethrower, poison, plasma, etc. I assume they are also used elsewhere. I make edits as I go and test them in-game. It's a strange one since the texture is animated by 16 or 25 frames, so I think the fireball and smoke will be the most challenging. 

Oh my.... This looks amazing. Eagerly awaiting to see what comes of this.