Sign in to follow this  
Mkilbride

Game keeps crashing at Serroco Veterans.

TSLRCM 1.8.3

Xwarx Textures

The new planet mod.

NPC Overhaul mod.

That's it. Any idea? Rest of the planet seems fine.

Yup, it's NPC Overhaul. Find your backup of "302NAR.mod" and drop-it back into the override. Then load a save from before the first time you entered the refugee sector area. I'm actually glad someone else than me had that problem...

Yup, it's NPC Overhaul. Find your backup of "302NAR.mod" and drop-it back into the override. Then load a save from before the first time you entered the refugee sector area. I'm actually glad someone else than me had that problem...

Does this crash happen when you try to talk to the Serroco Veteran leader? I had one or two crashes when I tried to talk to that guy with the NPC Overhaul mod before.

Yes, exactly. I reported-it to Kain and asked others to confirm they had the issue, but nobody else did at the time. Now that we can confirm the bug happened for 3 different persons, maybe it will motivate him further to find a fix.

Edited by MrPhil

Yes, exactly. I reported-it to Kain and asked others to confirm they had the issue, but nobody else did at the time. Now that we can confirm the bug happened for 3 different persons, maybe it will motivate him further to find a fix.

IIRC, I believe the problem had something to do with the Darth Bandon head, which is the head that the Serroco leader uses in the Overhaul mod. Re-installing the Overhaul mod's appearance part fixed the issue for me, I think.

Well I only keep one single save from before the area. I have no save from before entering the area.  Am I screwed? I can still leave the zone, I saved right before the crash area. Maybe re-installing it as said above works?

The crash happens just as I enter the Serroco area and walk near the 4 guys, I imagine a cutscene triggers.

Well I only keep one single save from before the area. I have no save from before entering the area.  Am I screwed? I can still leave the zone, I saved right before the crash area. Maybe re-installing it as said above works?

The crash happens just as I enter the Serroco area and walk near the 4 guys, I imagine a cutscene triggers.

I believe the crash happens as a result of the Bandon head mouth animations being messed up or something. I'm probably wrong on that one though.

Sorry, but I think you have to be in a different module for the changes to work.

Different module? Do you mean I can leave the zone, save, apply the changes, come back, and it may be fixed?

I tried using the latest NPC Overhaul, left the area, saved, loaded,  went back, still crashed.

=/

Am I seriously screwed here? 12 hours and my game is now dead?

Well . . .  for me, the only way was to get a save from before entering, yes. But at least, you aren't starting from scratch. This is why you must save more often...

I believe the crash happens as a result of the Bandon head mouth animations being messed up or something. I'm probably wrong on that one though.

Sorry, but I think you have to be in a different module for the changes to work.

Never encountered any sort of fiddly animations. Elaborate, as this is the most probable cause.

Just a wild idea... if you would extract the leader's utc from the newly-installed mod and put it into the savegame with ErfEdit, would it do the trick? I mean, would it fix the crashing issue on that particular savegame?