Sign in to follow this  
Mkilbride

Texture error Xwarz 2013

Graphic mods installed:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211202 

I flipped them, too.  TGA.  Downloaded here: http://www.moddb.com/members/oriionz/addons

Also TSLRCM + NPC Overhaul mod + the new planet mod. That's it.

Picture:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3263170445227745307/3419176260C65AD21D2D5DC506274DF0F0A96ABD/

I tried using the embed option, but it says it wasn't supported...

I remember stuff like this in HL1/HL2 when textures were missing.

I think that's what the textures are supposed to look like. I remember seeing that purple grid texture multiple times in my last playthrough with that mod(which, admittedly, I don't remember the majority of the details).

I could be wrong though. 

Really? Wow, I mean, it is the only one I've seen like that.

But that is also the generic color of "missing textures when compiling maps" in most games.

Really? Wow, I mean, it is the only one I've seen like that.

But that is also the generic color of "missing textures when compiling maps" in most games.

Ya. Personally, that purple texture is my least favorite part of the entire texture pack. So much so that, when I still used it, I replaced that single texture with something else. It sticks out so badly.

I don't know how Xarwarz is doing his texture packs lately, but I believe the textures are all contained in the .zip or .rar file you download. If you open it and view them as thumbnails, you can preview them to see if they're working properly. 

Another issue.

I flipped the files as people said was required, but...:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3244030610504783880/CCC9C24771CEDD210771F0EEF7F27104EAEA22ED/

Should I flip them back? Why did the forum, post tell me to flip them then?

I was looking through the textures and most seemed flipped correctly...? I mean in the image viewer, I found tel_grassfx.tga and it's set upright.

Another issue.

I flipped the files as people said was required, but...:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3244030610504783880/CCC9C24771CEDD210771F0EEF7F27104EAEA22ED/

Should I flip them back? Why did the forum, post tell me to flip them then?

I was looking through the textures and most seemed flipped correctly...? I mean in the image viewer, I found tel_grassfx.tga and it's set upright.

Flip them?

There was no need to flip them to begin with. The textures were perfectly formatted with the map.

Yeah, I re-flipped them.

Well the topic in which I got them told me to flip them, infact, two different posters did.

And wow, what a rude moderator.

Still, thanks for your help, I figured it out a few minutes ago and decided to try. I don't know why several google topics about this texture pack says to flip them.

• Like 1

And wow, what a rude moderator.

Lol at this.

By the way, I never understood myself why he wanted to flip things. I personnally lost a bit of interest in Xarwarz mods when he started to produce his textures in .dds instead of .tga and the fact that some of them needed to be flipped though it always was unclear to me which. Would be less of a hassle to download a few MO's extra and have no extra steps.

Ha, I forgot about that...yes it was done purple-osely <---poking fun.... you could just replace it with the texture next to it...I didn't put those textures together which is why it is not on my page..so it is NOT an error. The textures should already be flipped. The game reads the textures upside down in the override folder. Just delete and replace the unliked textures...

To MR PHIL ... I haven't used DDS  textures since 2010. (It's been 4 years now...)  Since that time, every texture has been in TGA format and no extra steps for textures needing to be flipped.

I remember the old 1.8.1 icon for TSLRCM that could, after extended gameplay, suddenly turn upside down.

Got fixed in 1.8.2 with someone with actual photoediting tools properly making a .tga with it's transparency intact.

I suppose somewhat the same might be the case here? That it looks normal but suddenly is flipped in other instances (and thus needs to be manually flipped), but then appears flipped if the game doesn't freak out again. No clue ever why it did that either...